1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Frozen movie themed Bday Party

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by superwoman09, Aug 5, 2015.

1. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I would like to organise a Frozen movie themed birthday party for my soon to be 7 yo daughter. I need ideas for menu, Indian recipes please, no sandwiches etc as the guests will be a mix of parents/relatives and kids so need recipes which are filling for both. For people who have not seen the movie the theme is blue and white. In the Indian menu the only thing I can think in white is sweets, rasgullas. Would appreciate any inputs for main course. Thanks in advance.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

@superwoman09 I hosted a frozen theme party for DD this year. You can have baby carrots (olaf nose ) as snack for kids along with a cream cheese dipping or yogurt dip. Popcorns will be good item too for kids as its white. I made blue color cake pops to go with Elsa color. White momos as appetizers for adults and kids. jeera rice and raita for mail course and plain nan to go with white theme.

Its hard to have Indian items in blue color or all white too. So you can have few in white or blue colors and then rest in carrot colors to go with Olaf nose.

3. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Yes that is precisely my problem, hardly any indian items in the white n blue color theme..Otherwise what I was thinking was to just let go of the menu but do decorations in blue n white n get party items n supplies in that theme. One thing I read somewhere while surfing the net yesterday was brown items mentioned as troll rocks, so maybe I can make pakodas or if chinese then manchurian. There is a juice, I guess Mapro ones, which comes in blue color or maybe jello. Or maybe pavbhaji/burger n give the caption "We finish each other's sandwiches"..If I decide on actual sandwiches it may not go well with visiting relatives. I have never had momos..how are they and would they go well with the Indian public. Jeera rice and raita sounds good. What sabji to go with naan...I guess any brown will do, just have to come up with a fancy name for it :D. Good you gave me something to think about :) Thanks. I was not able to think of anything and hence made this post.