1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Front Loading Washers: Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Vandhana, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Dear varloo,

I had asked the Service personnel when they came for my AMC service. For the last ten years my machine has been under their service contract. They are asking me not to change the machine, since the drum and other inner parts are good. Since mine is one of the first machines to hit India they are asking me to keep it.
    So I am planning to change just the outer cover/ hood and the door. That's all

Door comes under AMC and I don't have to pay for it. For the hood I think about 4-5000/ it'll come to. I actually forgot the amount they told me. Let me call them up and find that out . For me the AMC comes to 2000/ per year.

Thanks Varloo for writing.
    Latha :wave

2. savideva

savideva New IL'ite

Dear Latha, you are right abt. top loaders and I join hands with you to say hurray for the Top loaders.When I saw them in The US, I fell in love with them. As I am a citizen of India , living In Madurai, I patiently waited for the top loader to be introduced in the market for many years, and immediately purchased one .:) I have no complaints- not only can you add clothes in the middle, you do not have to bend to load the washer as in the front loaders. Anyday my vote is for front loaders only, even tho' they consume more water and electricity as informed people say!:mrgreen:
    sAVIDEVA