From Unknown to Unknown - Bhagavad Gita Verse 2.28

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Feb 7, 2008.

1. gayathriar

gayathriar Bronze IL'ite

Dear C

Thanks for reminding the profound truth in the explanation of yet another verse. Now, I understand why you had to prepare us to accept the harsh truths. It now appears to be completely logical to not grieve, but need to go a lon..g way to practice the logical understanding.

However, if we just accept things and are unaffected, would we not loose interest in action and even in the act of living? I am sure these truths are to prepare us to learn the right way of living. So, staying tuned for now...!

-Gayathri.

2. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mrs. C,

I thank you so much for explaining to us Gita here in such a simple terms so, we could follow. I just hope I could atleast get some of it in my head and implement it in to my day to day life and not grieve. I know it is not as easy as saying it. Hopefully I get there by slow and study and do my duties.

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Gayathri,
    I fully agree, that to follow "not to grieve" is theoritically simple but practically tough.
    For the latter part of your post, so long as we live, we owe it to our anatma & must take care of our body. Next, as we proceed to karma yoga, as I always repeat, the understanding will be more clear.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear Madhu,
    Do not be anxious how much you can implement, follow etc. The eagerness on your part at this young age to read these posts itself is highly commendable.
    You will fall in line with karma yoga easily with this line of thinking.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,

This weeks post seemed so clear and simple. I guess that was because of all the previous verses which slowly leads us to this! And i too have slowly started accepting my grief, along with this. I guess your explanations on Gita were timed perfectly for me and i feel so much better and lighter. I too started reading so much literature on death and after life. Our rituals are so well conceived for the soul to slowly withdraw from this world.....it is so beautifully done and well codified, that once we understand these concepts it is easier to accept this Life.

But i am glad that along with your patient explanation , i too have recovered .
    enjoyed this week's post a lot! And all the fbs and further discussions too.Thanks Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks a ton. I can only say that my mission in writing on the Gita seems to be getting fulfilled. Krishna very gradually but definitely leads us to the toughest philosophy.
    It is only a question time, we take, to accept grief - we continue our lives, anyway.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs.Chith,
    It is the 'ignorance' or our 'adamancy' or shall we say 'maya' on our part, to accept that in-between life is temporary.
    Practice,practice and practice...but when we experience personally, all the practices go in vain, isn't it!

sriniketan

8. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi,
    It is just the play of Maya Devi, we do not see or accept the truth which we watch with our own eyes !
    But if that acceptance comes easily, we would all be jnanis !
    Thanks for joining us.
    Love,
    Chith.