Friendship - Online ...a few observations.

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by subbutr, Sep 11, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

Friendship known no gender bias.....

Friendship is like a support and inspirations to both receiver and respondent.

Quite True and agree that the present technology brought us in the beginning "Many Friends Without Faces"

We sit and we type, and we stare at our screens,
    We all have to wonder, what this possibly means.

With our mouse we roam, through the rooms in a maze,
    Looking for something or someone, as we sit in a daze.

We chat with each other, we type all our woes,
    Small groups we do form, and gang up on our foes.

We wait for somebody, to type out our name,
    We want recognition, but it is always the same.

We give kisses and hugs, and sometimes flirt,
    In IMs we chat deeply, and reveal why we hurt.

We do form friendships - but - why we don't know,
    But some of these friendships, will flourish and grow.

Why is it on screen, we can be so bold,
    Telling our secrets, that have never been told.

Why is it we share, the thoughts in our mind,
    With those we can't see, as though we were blind.

The answer is simple, it is as clear as a bell.
    We all have our problems, and need someone to tell.

We can't tell real people, but tell someone we must So we turn to the 'puter, and to those we can trust.

Even though it is crazy, the truth still remains ,
    They are Friends Without Faces, and odd little names.

Then came the Magic when we happen to meet some of them with whom we interact reqularly & found out those genuiness among them.

We are Happy.

Friendship is full of miracles and meanings.

cya.....subbu

2. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

HI Subbu,
    I am happy to be 1st person to thank u :2thumbsup:
    u have expressed my feelings in so many words..better job than I cud do myself..gud bonding between all of us..
    ..keep posting

3. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

:thankyou2: dear arch for the kind gestures and well observed facts of this concept.

Thanks for the maiden comments too...Look forward to read your articles soon.

Study Nature, Love Nature, Stay close to Nature, It will never fails us.

Subbu

4. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

:2thumbsup: hi subbu

i really like reading what u wrote....

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

hi subbu,

Good ones. interesting observations. Liked reading them.

6. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to Huma & Madhu for the observatory comments.

Hope to see few more lines from your view points so that we can discuss the same.

Some thoughts to share on what's happening around us :

India's youth are forgetting our moral and cultural values.
    They are going into modernity. But they must first stop at the point where they are in life.
    From there, they must look back and identify and understand their ancient heritage and culture.
    Once this is done, they can move forward again and learn to combine the modern outlook with the ancient way of thinking.

We are all watching the situation in India. Due to the fall in moral standards, there has been a fall in people's characters.
    To build a society with people of high character we must provide moral education.
    There is a high level of corruption and exploitation of women in society, also because of India's race for materialism.
    Man is lost in material comforts and means.
    But our country has never given importance to bhoga [materialism].
    India's innate uniqueness is that even when one's feet are in bad shape, when one has no proper clothes and a poor material standard of living, still the happiness and contentment of the soul are there.
    Lack of material things was never felt by our people as something significant. Our people were always happy at heart, because they had wealth of character and moral force.
    We cannot be safe until our people revert back to our ancient heritage and high moral values.

Subbu

7. suminanda

suminanda New IL'ite

dear subbutr,

these are certain questions and sometimes a soliloqui that i hear everyday
    by my mother after reading the newspaper.
    she asks painfully........what is happening to our country which was so noble once..........a land of dharma........will there be a saviour.........why parents don't
    inculcate high values in their children...........etc and so many........

in earlier days emperors and kings were praised by flatterers everyday in the
    presense of all others thereby compelling him to remain a model everytime
    and the welfare of the people his motto.............but now........?
    what is praiseworthy of most of our rulers?

it seems true that people get what they deserve.......
    very many thanks for the thought provoking words.............suminanda

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

Nice post depicting the reality.... We vent all our feeling with some unknow person without a face in the net, and in the process develop friendship and some bondage.... We human beings need somebody to listen to all our woes.... Eventhough we know that the other person will not be much in a position to help us, we want somebody to listen and tell a few soothing words....

Yes, we can meet up and give the face to the unknown friend....

Though I may agree partly with you on the cultural change in the next generation, due to their upbringing and westen influence..... I will not blame it on the kids.... Whos emistake is this... It is we parents who dont help them in their development... In this materialistic world both husband and wife run around to earn money for their comfroms, do not have time for their kids.... In order to overcome their guilt of not having time to spend with them pamper them with giftrs & money.... So they feel they can do what ever they want... Also what is that they are seeing in the society and movies.... That is what they understand.... Whose mistake is this....

I can still show examples of lot of families who follow the traditions/culture and values.... Not some exceptional cases, but quite a hundful lot... But I agree this is a minority... If you see Chennai is still considered to be backwards among the metros because of this reasons.... This does not mean that there are no people like this in other metros...

So, It is our responsibility in developing our child.... If the parents take that little seriously and look into what is right and wrong.... then things will change...

My personal views....

Veda

9. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Dear vedaji,

Thanking you for the wonderful interactions and some of the points you have raised are quite right as both the parents & kids are responsible.

The reason of tamilnadu guys shows their maturity levels better than the other regions is only because of our traditional values & cultures which are inborn with everyone in the society.

Thanks for the kind gestures and keep posting

Subbu

10. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear suminanda for the nice rememberance of your mother's advices and concerns to the society.

There are several such people in our society who after reading, experiancing such incidents around them too express the same feelings to look back the history.

Friendships are based upon mutual trust and deep understanding.

Society responds according to its merits and demerits to improve the relationships.

Subbu