friendship and business

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by geethavinod, Jun 28, 2010.

1. geethavinod

geethavinod New IL'ite

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 530pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=706 border=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 530pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 25819" width=706><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 530pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=706 height=20>Hi Ilites,<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>This is regarding my friendship.<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>I and my friend Sushma were colleagues in a company 10-12 yrs back, when we left the job, we were in<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>contact and she became my intimate friend, now, I'm working in a company and she left the job and is at home.<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>At home, with the help of her cousin she started silk sarees and dress materials business, her locality people <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>will buy the sarees or dress materials with her sometimes, but often, she is forcing me to buy the sarees or<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>dress materials from her, I don't want to buy from her b'cos her range is too high and I'm not afforded to buy such<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>expensive sarees or dress materials, she knows my financial situations then too she'll compel to buy. <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>that too, she'll only select the dress materials but the selection will be good and she'll call me to collect it.<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Even if I say no, she'll compel and somehow make me to buy it. I bought like that several times from her.I<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>want to avoid that, please suggest some idea to avoid buying the dress materials from her.<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Now, she's given few sarees to me to show it to my friends or relatives and if they are interested, they can<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>buy it, but I'm not that type of person to go and ask every body to buy the sarees.<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>Sometimes I feel like saying not to combine friendship and business together, but I get worried whether it<TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>may hurt her. So, kindly suggest me some method or ideas, I'll be very grateful to u all. <TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 15pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=20>JUST TO SAVE MY FRIENDSHIP

Warm regards
    Geetha

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Geetha,

Friendship and business never go hand in hand.Just tell her that you dont require stuff anymore and you have lots in your wardrobe.

You can do this If you want a good friendship from her!

3. geethavinod

geethavinod New IL'ite

Thank u RG for ur reply,

I've told her many times that I don't require and I can' afford such expensive ones, but even then sometimes she'll compel me in a friendly manner, where I would not be able to tell her no. When I say it's very expensive, she'll say to pay in installments.

4. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi geetha,
    Friendship is friendship and business is business. Its sad that your frined is pulling you to force buy of her sarees. Buying saree/dress can never be a problem for working woman provided they are given full liberty and sometimes we wanted buy in some showroom or other. Really thts so frustrating situation. One good advice is -
    You just dont go for some time to her and take excuse from her. Do this for couple of times. I am sure, she dont bug to buy you. Similarly dont takeup sarees to showcase to friends/relatives and let them know that you are not good at selling and you are busy too.

5. Poojaag

Poojaag New IL'ite

Yes i too agree with you.

You can explain this to her but a bit softly. You can tell her that you really cherish her friendship, but let's not mix friendship and business. The new business relationship that she is intending to enter into, might affect your sacred friendship. And hence, you can say that you dont want to take such a big risk with this friendship. You can also tell her that you wanted to explain her this lond back, but you didn't want to hurt her.

Geetha, its very difficult to find good friends. So, pls try explaining her your point but be as soft as possible. And don't worry, I am sure she will understand.

All the best, bye.

6. geethavinod

geethavinod New IL'ite

ok, priyasmommy & Poojaag, next time when she compels me, I'll try to tell what u've suggested, lets hope for the best b'cos I don't want to lose her friendship.

7. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

Friendship and money: oil and water.