Friendly chat to build up friendship

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by Bpremalatha, Jan 26, 2014.

1. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

I know, I envy u, being young, just married (i mean 2 years is considered that) and not much of responsibility. Not that I have any responsibility, but still atleast I have to pretend to have them. hahaha!!!!!!!
    Yesterday, I did not even feel like reading any book. Just felt like being lazy and not relaxing. Thankfully in this weather, I get good and sound sleep.

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Madhu just cooking for 4-6 people seems a big responsibility to me now. I too long for those days when I used to just read and sleep without worrying about household chores.

3. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Don't remind me of those uthopian days CB. While in school and college days, i used to be in my own world. We were seven of us close friends in college, but unfortunately none of us r in touch. There was no mobile phone, sometimes even land phones were not there in our houses (I did not have one) so it was only autographs.
    I wonder whether u have any autograph from ur school or college days CB?

1 person likes this.
  4. ssasi

ssasi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Happy weekend.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its really cold here, me too feeling lazy & boring not much of outdoor activities.So, howz everything going for u guy's?

@Madhu - Good to hear that u had a nice trip with u r 'dh' during new yr. Did u fast during 'ekadesi'? I am thinking of trying this yr. I am in touch with few of my schoolmates thru ' fb' after a long time. I studied in a 'women's college', during those days v used to have a 8 friend's in our group. Touch with everybody except 1, not able to trace her.

@CB - Good to know, that u visited u r parent's on new yr day. Do u all live in the same town? How often, do u visit them?

How is the pongal celebration going? Hope u guy's will have a long break?
    How many of u like to try new recipes? I tried "quinoa & moog dhal pesarratu". Its healthy & planning to try some more with quinoa.

@Madhu - By default did u purchase a saree & matching accessories?

O.k., meet u guy's tomorrow?

5. chillbreeze

Madhu, more than school and college days, I love the days when I was working and staying in PG. I used to come back by 7-7.15. Refresh and have dinner before 8. Then spend the night watching tv and reading without worrying about anything and get up next morning by 7.30-8 and carry on with the day. Weekends, one day I spend for shopping or catching up on some other work and sunday is complete rest.

I am not very outgoing. I had only 2 best friends in school and I am still in touch with them though there are married with kids and living in different cities now. In college, we were a group of 5 though I really didn't feel much connected with them and not in touch with them now. I have couple of friends from my roommates who are in touch. I don't have autographs Madhu. I do have some greeting cards and gifts that they gave for bdays.

6. chillbreeze

Hi Ssasi, I always miss chatting with you when you are online. My parents and I live in same town, about 45 mins away. I visit them once a month atleast. I have just one day leave for pongal.

I like to try new dishes but mostly don't have the time, place or inclination as pils and sil will be around. Pils are not open to new dishes.

7. ssasi

ssasi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Looks like on 'friday' only @CB was there.

@Madhu - What happened to u ? I saw u r posts on "new yr new voices" mentioning abt our friendship. U r so sweet & very active participation in 'IL'. Our laptop was slow, so couldn't access much.

@CB - Do u have the habit of buying & wearing new clothes for the festival?. When v were kid's used to do it but now once in a while.

8. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello everybody.
    @ssasi - Thanks for enquiring about me. I was a little down with cold, so skipped office on friday. After drinking ginger tea for two days, now I am much better. Yeah, even I have one day leave on Pongal i..e, 15th. And yes it is going to be pongal, sweet and khara.
    @chillbreeze - how are you ? Howz work? I had logged in on saturday, but as it was from mobile, i did not post anything, just read everybody's posts.
    Where are @mithu202, @Bpremalatha, platinum, fortune, @umashivsankar ???????

9. chillbreeze

Hi Madhu, sasi, mithu and others. Hope you all had a good weekend. I am having issues with internet connection so please excuse me if I am not online much.

Sasi, I like to buy new clothes and wear on festivals. But after marriage, they don't have that habit in DH's home. But I still try to do it.

Madhu, I am yet to read your post that sasi has mentioned. Will read it shortly. I too accessed IL from mobile last couple of days but find it difficult to post from mobile. Planning to announce a thriller for our book club tomorrow. Stay tuned.

10. ssasi

ssasi Silver IL'ite

Hi all, Good morning!!!!!!!!

Hope everybody is busy with the festival . Only v 3 (CB & Madhu) are regular here. There is no holiday here. I am yet to clean & start preparation.
    It falls(pongal) on thursday right, usually in India v celebrate atleast for 3 day's but here am doing only one day.

I am planning to try new reciepe(sweet pongal) with thinai, venn pongal+Sambhar & Masal vadai. Let's c how it works out.