Free Handicrafts Classes For 60 Days!

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Varloo, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Tamil Nadu Tourism and Aval Vikatan is conducting free handicrafts classes for 60 days from 29-12-07 to 29-2-2008.
    Classes are on everyday.
    TIMINGS
    SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS - 3PM TO 8 PM
    OTHER DAYS (WORKING DAYS) - 4 PM TO 6 PM.
    CONTACT PHONE NUMBER- 28294100 - BETWEEN 9.30 TO 6 PM ON WORKING DAYS.
    CRAFTS TAUGHT-
    1. FASHION JEWELLERY
    2.EMBROIDERY
    3.BEADS WORK
    4.KUNDAN WORK
    5.GLASS PAINTING
    6.TANJORE PAINTING
    7.AARTHI PLATE MAKING
    8.NAPKIN MAKING
    9.BOUQUET MAKING
    10.SCREEN PRINTING
    11.BEAUTICIAN
    12.COOKERY

HOPE ALL CAN USE THIS UNIQUE OPPURTUNITY.

2. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Hi varloo
    I saw this ad too in "Aval vikatan".It's absolutely tempting :iagree,but don't you think 2 months is too long a period? They should be splitting it into 4 sections ideally of 2 weeks each.:idea (My humble opinion!!)
    According to me.. the timings are inconvenient..3-8 pm.But I am sure they will have a roaring response.

Regards
    Sowmya

3. latha_sasi

latha_sasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Varloo,
    Where is the venue for these classes.As Honeybee suggests I too agree that classes should be split up.

Regards
    Latha Sasidharan
    :wave

4. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Latha ma'am
    Good to know I have support!
    The venue is
    Island grounds Chennai (Theevu thidal)

Regards
    Honeybee

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hi Honeybee and latha,
    the classes will not be on all days, I guess. they would have different classes on different days, then only they could accomodate people and the teachers. The exhibition starts by 2 only mostly, that may be the reason for the timings.I think the crowd would be much.
    I shall keep posting as soon as I receive more details.

6. Swethanatarajan

Swethanatarajan Senior IL'ite

Hi Varlo,

Can I join this classes now???:confused2:

7. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Did anyone attend these classes?? how was the experience?

8. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Yes I am here to share my experience.
    There was so many classes like fancy jewellery making, Tanjore painting, aluminumemposings, Embroidery,and even gardening. It was really aboon to chennities. No fees. It is free of cost. There was cultural programmes also everyday. Everyday surprise prizes also there. (Ex.who is having a very little purse, who is wearing nosestud,bigkondai,largeborderin saree,who is making kathikappal out of paperfirst,) and chances are given to the persons who are ableto sing, tell kavithai, and some ladies share their experience. There was a tailoring class also for making blouse and chudithar . Any body can go and join. It is not necessary that to attent 60 days daily class. Who got interest in the particular subject can go on that day. The venue was published in the Avalvikatan book.I went mostly all the days. I learnt to prepare jewels.(So many ladies attended the class and made the jewels for sale). Since I was interested in this jewelmaking i made some of the jewels and the photos are attached herewith. I presented it to my friend daughters, granddaughters as present and I really felt vey happy when they appreciated the jewel which I had made.
    There was juice making classes also. Then fast food making,little waterfalls making
    painting and so many classes which i was not able to attend. But i can say that this is a worthful one to attent to with.
    Eventhough the timings are 3.30 to 8.00 some started at 5, 4, 6, likewise after the cultural programme. In some classes the materials required for the subjects are sold in the ground itself. Some items were sold there itself. Wall hanging, items outof icecreamsticks, were very nice. Even there was class for making sanitarynapkins and computerbased designs to be print in the sareees. Most of the days there were enough crowd. One Revathi was the coordinator and she manages the crowd by her smiling face and interacted with the crowd. One Lavanya was issuing certificate to the guys who were attended the class everyday and I too got certificates to the respective class i was attended,It was a nice experience really.

Attached Files:

9. vijikrishnan

vijikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

HAI,
    the photos published inthe Aval Vikatan book is attached herewith
    It shows the crowd, the hairstyle jewellery, certificatesissues, cultural programme and all.

Attached Files:

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    wow, you utilised the oppurtunity well. I was not able to attendbecause I cannot commute to the ground . If only some programme is there in the day time, I could try.
    Your jewellery looks very nice, why don't you pursue making more. You know, you can make small and light jewellery when you have time and gift them to people when they come to your house.You can also start teaching from home, how about that?
    I read about all that in the AV. And thanks for the photos, all would be happy to see it.