1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fragrances For All Women

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by tejudatla, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Today women have fragrance wardrobes of at least six different perfumes, rather than a single signature perfume, keeping one special perfume for occasion moments.

People have used perfume, oils and unguents on their bodies for thousands of years in lesser or greater amounts dependant on fashion whims. It's interesting to note that perfume has come full circle today as more and more of us seek out high quality aromatherapy perfumed oils to use in exactly the same way as our ancestors did.

Products that enhance the feel of skin and the smell of the body have been highly valued in every culture. Trade routes introduced spices to other parts of the world and a wider range of scents could be made. In the past people often mixed their own potions using home methods creating their own aromatherapy products. Many homes had a still room where essences were steeped out of flowers and herbs.

Tips for Wearing Perfume

1. When you apply perfumes apply them to pulse points such as the folds in the crook of your elbow and back of knees, wrist, neck and cleavage.
    2. Make sure you do not rub wrists together as this crushes the smell.
    3. Spraying a little into the air is also good if you walk straight into the perfume. This helps to diffuse it over your body.
    4. Do not simply apply to the neck always work up the body as the scent rises. Also consider wearing in your bra a small ball of perfume impregnated cotton wool.
    5. Consider layering perfumes. Use all the same perfume in various products.
    6. Begin with shower or bath gel and then rub in body lotion or spray with a matching after bath spray.
    7. Finally apply the scent preferably as perfume or EDP.
    I find that the use of body lotion makes you feel really scented and it is probably to do with starting at the feet and applying the scent all over allowing the scent to rise. It also makes you feel extra special and very pampered.

1. Keep bottles tightly stopped, away from direct heat and out of sunlight.
    2. You will certainly know when they have gone off as you'll notice that you do not get that lovely boost of heavenly scent when you spray or dab and the fragrance will look darker in the bottle.
    3. Some perfumes come in blue or opaque bottles and these store perfume well.
    4. Try to choose perfumes that suit you, not your friends or family.
    5. Test a perfume in a store and then walk around for a minimum of ten minutes.
    6. Some perfumes take more like half an hour or an hour to truly develop. For example, Boudoir by Vivienne Westwood, Jicky by Guerlain and Must de Cartier are all ones I love after an hour, but am not convinced on first sniff.
    7. Put a few drops of perfume onto an oil burner to scent your bedroom.
    8. At Christmas use musky oriental room fragrances in the form of perfumed incense sticks, candle or sprays to enhance the familiar associated yuletide seasonal smells of cinnamon, orange oil, pine, frankincense and myrrh.
    Love
    Tej:wave

2 people like this.

2. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Frns,

Let us all share the perfumes that we use in our houses... Some times when we go for shopping we may get confused to buy the best perfumes. I always have the same problem n tried so many perfumes but some times can't choose the pleasant fragrances. I guess it could be the same problem to most of us..So Ladies please come with your most favourite perfumes and share your ideas and tips about using perfumes...

Here are my favourite ones n I can't switched to the other perfumes. Because I haven't found the better ones than these...

1. Estee Lauder Pleasure
    2. White Diamond
    3. Passion

Thanq Frns....

Attached Files:

3. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Black Pearls Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor
    [​IMG] Designer : Elizabeth Taylor

Black Pearls Perfume for Women by Elizabeth Taylor. Launched by the design house of Elizabeth Taylor in 1996, BLACK PEARLS is classified as a refreshing, oriental, floral fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of soft sweet spices, white rose, and amber. Accompanied by fruity notes of fresh citrus and melons. It is recommended for daytime wear.

4. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Forever Elizabeth Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor

FOREVER ELIZABETH by Elizabeth Taylor is classified as a flowery fragrance. This feminine scent posesses a blend of: dewberry, amber and jasmine with creamy amber and musk, feminine and soft. It is recommended for casual wear.

5. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Diamonds & Emeralds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor

Diamonds & Emeralds Perfume for Women by Elizabeth Taylor. Launched by the design house of Elizabeth Taylor in 1993, DIAMONDS & EMERALDS is classified as a sharp, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of green floral top notes with white rose, water lily and gardenia, with base of carnation and jasmine. It is recommended for daytime wear.

6. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Diamonds & Rubies Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor

DIAMONDS & RUBIES is classified as a refined, oriental, woody fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of lilac, rose, peach, orchid, amber and vanilla. It is recommended for evening wear.

7. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Diamonds & Sapphires Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor

DIAMONDS & SAPPHIRES is classified as a refreshing, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of fresh cut floral bouquet of lily of the valley, rose, ylang ylang, jasmine and spice. A later hint of musky sandalwood. It is recommended for office wear.

8. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Teja

Now a days IL is full of fragrances with your posts. Keep it up.

Love
    Varudhini

9. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varudhiuni,

Thanq for encouraging with ur warm words to all ILites which makes every one feel so happy n I am glad to share with u all....

Luv

10. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

Hi Teja,

I have always confused myself during my visit to the store.

Your suggestions are of great help.

Hoping to try each one soon.