1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fragrance of a flower

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Jul 1, 2013.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

For almost a month ours have been days of fragrance. The Champa ( Magnolia Champaca)tree in our neighbours’ garden is in full bloom. Every morning as I open the windows of our kitchen, the fragrance of those flowers fill the room. They are beautiful yellow flowers. With the rains the tree bursts out in flowers – yellow with the green background, the contrast is lovely.
    Whenever I see these flowers I remember the two ancient, tall and strong champa trees in the courtyard of a temple in a small village, far away from the main roads. They will be safe there.
    Then that little girl who did not live for many days after her tenth birthday. She had cancer; a flower that did not bloom.
    Flowers bring so many thoughts to our mind, some happy some sad. So many flowers live just for a day and then fade away. But in that one day they give happiness to everyone. In school, we had read a beautiful poem in Hindi about flowers, about them being used by everyone, for all occasions, happy and sad and as offerings to God and by lovers. In the days to come these flowers will become fruits. Then the birds enjoy them.We have to learn so much from Trees, they are the Givers of this world. :thumbsup

Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
    Rabindranath Tagore

A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers." Chinese Proverb
    View attachment 190637

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Nice one, Lakshmi. The pic. is also beautiful.

3. manasgl

manasgl New IL'ite

The Botanical name is Magnolia Glandifora. the fragrance is really divine. I used to have two trees in my back yard in Dehra dun. One of the finest flowers. Mother nature always gives- flowers, fruits, trees, greenery, vegetation, grains, spices, wood, metals and minerals, water, animals, birds, fish, etc.etc.. But we as human beings are always exploiting the mother nature, never repsected its santity. but when nature causes havoc to create a balance, hmuans, even races, civilizations are wiped out. We should first learn to respect our mother nature and our mothers. only then we can survive.

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful pics with an even more beautiful post lakshmi. Enjoyed reading :)
    Akila