1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Foundation/Concealor brands in the US for Indian skin tones

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by rationale, Dec 6, 2007.

1. rationale

rationale New IL'ite

Hi everyone

Which foundation.makeup brands have you found that go well with indian skin tones? (yellow, warm undertones)

Thanks!

2. shravanthika

shravanthika Senior IL'ite

How abt bare minerals...do they really suit us..Indians...want to have a feed back before spending too much bucks...

3. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Have you tried Sheer Cover Cosmetics,Its very cheap and is good.I am also planning to get that.I have a friend who has used it and says it really works.
    Go to Sheer Cover® for more details.
    Let me know if you have tried.

Bipasha

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    U can try some suggestions from the beauty experts in different cosmetic shops/saloon.
    The best place to my knowledge is ULTA store, the store has its experts and they used to give a touch up with available brands that will suit ur skin tone. They have different brands of cosmetics along with their brand........anybody can try there before buying cosmetics..........
    Regards.

5. shefali75

shefali75 New IL'ite

if you are looking for good Foundation or Concealer i would recommend Mac Product or if your skin is scar or spot or anything you could use Dermablend.
    You can get these items in Macy's .

Shefali

6. parentvael's

parentvael's New IL'ite

hi!

One of the best i've used is dermablend available at Macy's counters.
    If you have problem skin, believe it or not, Clearasil has a tinted cream which works wonderful!

beverly

7. ranivasan

ranivasan Senior IL'ite

MAC suits very well for Indian skin. You can go to macys or lord n taylor and test it on your skin b4 u buy and u never feel there is foundation on u..feels light. I use NC45 and its for people with wheatish skin tone.
    Cheers!

8. Chandramukhi

Chandramukhi Senior IL'ite

My foundation is from Lancome, Color Ideal, its absolutely perfect for my skin tone. My consealer is from Annayake.

But it really depends what skin color you have. My sis has a foundation from Dior. You should test several products and see how it is on your skin. Don't go alone, bring your friend along. It is of great importance to see how the foundation is in daylight since the stores use lights which are different than daylight.

Good luck.

9. sop1000

sop1000 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I have tried the Artisary range of products and it is simply great compared to any other brand here.This is out of my own experience :)

Cheers,
    Sophia

10. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Hello, Rationale

I'm sorry to add yet another name to the list, but I use Estee Lauder's Individualist make-up (concealer and foundation) and really like the sheer cover it provides. It blends perfectly with my tricky skin tone and is non-comodogenic, so it doesn't block pores and cause skin break-outs.

You can have your skin tone matched to the right shade at an Estee Lauder counter, so you can try it before you spend any money. What I like most about it is how natural it looks on my skin. People I know can't even tell I'm wearing make-up, which is what I prefer, as opposed to a cakey, artificial look.

Like others in this thread have suggested, you should go to several cosmetic counters on different days and try out different brands before you make up your mind.

Good luck - I hope you find the right foundation for you!

Ansuya