1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forty years of married life a flashback

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 24, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today is my 40th Wedding Anniversary.The ruby anniversary is a special one. Spending 40 years together is a great reason to celebrate! I cant believe that we have completed 40 years of married life. I wanted to share with you all some treasured moments.

One by one each year flew by with different expereince every year and coming closer and understanding each other. There were big events, simple pleasures and holidays shared by both of us. There were also tearful times, good times but still they were ours forever. Each and every memory,of Forty years together!

I still remember the day my dh came to see me and since I was thin he was a little confused. Then my mother in law told him dont worry after marriage she will put on weight. But all my life I have always been thin only a little more weight than before.

I had high dreams of married life but was surprised when we entered a Chawl after marriage. Since I was staying in a flat that was a little disappointment for me. But we had a warm welcome from the neighbours there. We had a small house of one room and a kitchen and the front room was made into two rooms so that we have a room of our own. My husband's family was a big one. He was very attached to his family and so his two nephews stayed with us only as they got a job in Mumbai. My mother in law and brother in law were also with us. They all used to help us in cooking and morning everyone will be in the kitchen. In the early stages I used to feel odd seeing the men in the kitchen. But later I got used to it. When any function they never used to appoint a cook but they themselves used to manage. My nephews were very happy because I never used to tell them anything and they used to live according to their choice. In case I am late from office my dh used to send my nephew to the station to pick me up.

During my sis in law's first delivery I was there in the hospital taking care of her. When she was told that she is going to have ceasarian she told me to stay back in the operation room as she was scared. But the nurse said they cant allow anyone inside. When she had a baby and he was put in the cradle I was asked to have the payaru kept underneath the cradle saying that if I have that I will have a baby next year as till that time I had not conceived. Whether you believe or not next year I delivered a baby girl.

When my daughter was born everyone was very happy. My brother in law and nephews used to bring lunch in turns in the hospital . My brother's wife was my dh's niece , she was staying with us as she was pregnant. She used to take care of my daughter more than taking care of herself. My bhabhi used to say you are lucky you have a loving family who take good care of you and the baby. They all used to take good care of my daughter and she was treated like a princess. In three and a half years I had 3 children. Bringing them up was difficult but with the help of my dh we could do it successfully.

Next year after our marriage my mil expired. Then after five years the nephews went back to different place, my brother in law shifted to a different place and we also got a flat through an uncle of mine.

My husband used to assist me in cooking and also take care of the children. He had to go early and used to come back early from office. He used to bring the children to the station when I used to come back from office. Some of my neighbours used to be jealous because he used to help a lot. We had different days holdays, he had Wednesday off and I had Saturdays and Sundays off. So we had chance of being together only on public holidays. On Wednesdays my dh used to give my children oil bath. He was always there to help me out during delivery and in day to day activiites.

In between during holidays we used to go on tour with children.When my elder daughter was to go to 10th before that we all went on a tour till Kanyakumari, visiting Coimbatore, Bangalore, Ooti, Trichur and then Kanyakumari. In between we visited temples. We went that time because once the children go to College then there wont be chance to go to difference places. We also had the opportunity to visit Kasi, Rameswaran.

In 1991 when I had hip bone fracture my dh helped a lot and with the love and care of him and children only I could come out of that. My sis in law also took good care when my dh had to go to office.

When the time came my children got settled and I am happy that they settled in time. This is some of the treasured moments in life. If I write about the 40 years itwill run into pages and you all will be bored. So just wrote some of the m only.

7 Important things to have and give in your marriage:

1 LOVE : The special feeling that makes you feel all warm and wonderful.

2 RESPECT : Treating your spouse as you would like to be treated.

3 APPRECIATION : To be grateful for all the good things your spouse does for you.

4 HAPPINESS : The full enjoyment of each moment spent together with a smiling face.
    5 FORGIVENESS: The ability to let things be without anger.

6 SHARING : The joy of giving without thoughts of receiving.

7 HONESTY : The quality of always telling the truth

45 people like this.

2. vsharma

vsharma Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Viji ma on your anniversary. Am happy am the first to wish you here :) Wishing you happiness ahead. Very well written. Will try to apply your advice in life. After reading your post i feel like thanking my husband for the help he does for me like taking care of DS & other things :)

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Vsharma dear for your wishes and for your first fb.

1 person likes this.
  4. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

Wish you happy anniversary! So much to learn, think, assimilate....

1 person likes this.
  5. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Count me as second.

Many more happy returns of the day.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

Happy Aniversary!

so whats the special today?
    sadhya with payasam?

God bless!

1 person likes this.
  7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Vijima
    Congratulations and loads of good wishes!
    God bless you in abundance ! You memory seems so vivid, it speaks volumes of the special bond you share with uncle! Enjoyed you special moments!
    Mega

3 people like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,

Congratulations! I wish you many many more years of happiness together.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Vijima,

Congratulations to you and uncle and wish you many many more happy returns and many more anniversaries !!!

I was touched to read all your family incidents. You both are truly blessed to have a wonderful family :)

HR

1 person likes this.
  10. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Happy Anniversary ma!!!! Very good message as well!!! :)

1 person likes this.