1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forming a trust in my mom's memory...Need your suggestions, please...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jul 4, 2014.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi friend

It is said that A friend in need is a friend indeed! I logged in to IL after quite some time. And yes, I am here today as I need your help, your suggestions on a matter that is very close to heart and soul! And I know you will help me out with this.

My beloved mom began her eternal journey on May 26th, 2014. It's the 40th day today. She suffered with a rare auto-immune disease known as ILD (Interstitial Lung Disease). She was on Oxygen therapy for almost 15 hours a day for last seven months.

On June 15th, I had arranged a Prayer meditation for her, prepared a short video, and launched it on my YouTube channel so that all those who were close to her can have a glimpse of her.Anyway!

I wish to form a public charitable trust to serve the terminally ill patients and their families. During last seven months of mom's illness, every day, every hour, sometimes even every minute was critical. Uncertainty, anxiety, emotional turmoil, and what not! Through this trust, with the team of dedicated volunteers, I would like to provide physical, mental, emotional and (to poor, needy families) financial support to the best of our capacity.

The name that came to my mind is "AAROH" which means ascent, ascension, rise in Sanskrit, and is also an acronym for "Asha--A Ray of Hope." My mom's name is Asha, and she truly provided hope to many whenever the people around her lost all their hopes! So, I need your suggestions on the following points:

• How does this name "AAROH" sound?
    • Does it specify the purpose, mission and vision of the trust?
    • If you feel there can be a better name for this trust, please feel free to write so.

Thanks so much. Have a blessed day ahead!

6 people like this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Anu,

my heart felt condolences dear. may your mom's soul rest in peace, i am sure she will and will be blessing you all. i also know that you would have done all that you could to keep her happy and contented as she left her mortal..

appreciate the trust idea and i am sure it will be a success in the sense, helping those families in dire need of a hug or a hand to hold or a direction to go during those moments of helplessness. something more than just financial help.

like aaroh..but i feel it should be something more a feeling you can relate too..not sure.. simple something like Aasra, ummeed which also means hope..

i still tilt towards asha ki aanchal or asha ki dor..but they don't look like names.. i would like it more like a haven of hope,...

tc anu..

2 people like this.
  3. ammulur

ammulur Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,

Very sad to know about it, may her Soul RIP.

AAROH is a nice name but few my find it difficult to pronounce......!

I am suggesting one more name "Asha Deep"

All the best for your new venture in life........!

1 person likes this.
  4. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot dears Mindian, Rajinee for the like!

Warm regards
    Anu:)

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear Shanvy for the prayers for my mom.

Thanks also for suggesting some more beautiful and meaningful names. Will surely try to consider one!

Thanks once again!

Lots of love

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear Ammulur

Thanks for the prayers!

Yes, I liked the name suggested by you too. Yes, even I feel that AAROH might be a bit difficult to pronounce. Thanks for the suggestion.

Warm regards

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anu sorry to hear about your great loss. My heart felt condolences and may her soul rest in peace. Your mother will be always with you and her blessings will always be there.

Here are some names which I have selected

Akansha meaning desire
    Anjali meaning offering
    Rashmi meaning ray of sunlight

2 people like this.
  8. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear Viji mom :)

Thank you so much for your prayers. I broke into tears...I call you too mom!!! I am sure to receive the same love from you, mom!

You have selected beautiful names. I am so fortunate to have a beautiful set of friends in IL, a truly enriching place!

Lots of love and regards
    Anu:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  9. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,
    Sorry to know about your mom. May her soul rest in peace.
    I know how a patient of ILD suffers....have seen it practically. My sister passed away a few years back with the same disease in early forties.She suffered for six months...same oxygen therapy. When she passed away the first feeling that came to mind is "Her suffering is over". I personally know how the family feels and goes through the trauma.
    To form a trust is a very noble idea. Name Aaroh is good. but many do not understand the meaning of it. So, try to choose some other word which means hope. Aasha Foundation is already there. Aasra, Sahay...both are good. Think about them.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Anu dear glad to know you liked the names, its from my best friend Google. Your fb was very touchng

1 person likes this.