1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

For clear & glowing skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by kanaka Raghavan, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Saideeps

Saideeps Bronze IL'ite

Re: Clear and glowing skin

hi sangeeta,:hiya:)

It may sound odd to combat greasy skin by putting more oil on it, but the logic is that the regular treatment of your skin with olive oil, will stop your body producing excess oil of it's own.

Use the following method to incorporate olive oil into your skin routine. Your skin will feel smooth and supple afterwards.

Always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil which should be available from your local super market. Also, you should use a clean flannel each time you wash your face, try and have a rotation of 10 flannels.

Take 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour into your hands. Slowly massage the oil into your face. Take a clean flannel and dip it into hot water
    . Wring the flannel through and glide it over your face, removing the oil.

Splash your face with cold water.

When all the oil has been removed, take some tissues and blot your skin dry.

Repeat this method twice daily. You can add a small amount of sugar as a weekly exfoliant.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  2. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saideep,
    Thanks for your reply.
    Whether can i use sugar along with olive oil ?
    Can you explain me how to use it.

3. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

hi Saideep,

Thanks for your post... I was just reminded that I am not taking care of skin nowadays..I will continue with you have given us...
    vidyaa

4. gangai

gangai New IL'ite

Re: THANKING YOU Clear and glowing skin

:thumbsup hai saideeps,

First thankyou for the tips given, iam an indian girl in riyadh(saudi arebia)
    One goodthing i noticed from your tips is you given a duration, i'll try maxium three of them & write my goodthings happan.

Regards,
    gangai.

5. vanitaasingh

vanitaasingh New IL'ite

Hi,
    Good tips but no idea which one should i use as i have black spots on my arm and back due to excessive dandruff earlier, but now these marks are very prominent which does not allow me to wear cut sleeves any more.... how will these marks vanish please suggest me some remedy for this.....:hide:

quote=Saideeps;492583]hi sangeeta,:hiya:)

It may sound odd to combat greasy skin by putting more oil on it, but the logic is that the regular treatment of your skin with olive oil, will stop your body producing excess oil of it's own.

Use the following method to incorporate olive oil into your skin routine. Your skin will feel smooth and supple afterwards.

Always use Extra Virgin Olive Oil which should be available from your local super market. Also, you should use a clean flannel each time you wash your face, try and have a rotation of 10 flannels.

Take 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and pour into your hands. Slowly massage the oil into your face. Take a clean flannel and dip it into hot water. Wring the flannel through and glide it over your face, removing the oil.

Splash your face with cold water.

When all the oil has been removed, take some tissues and blot your skin dry.

Repeat this method twice daily. You can add a small amount of sugar as a weekly exfoliant.[/quote]

6. Saideeps

Saideeps Bronze IL'ite

hi sangeeta,

why do u wanna use sugar? using it acts as a scrub. u said u have pimples so better avoid it. if at all u want to, u use milder scrub.

hi vanita,

u can try this on the black spots. mix a tsp of rice flour and curd. mix well. apply it on the black spots. gently rub in circular motions.do it daily or alternate day.this is a time consuming process. so we have to be patient till results come.:):thumbsup

careful about the dandruff. see that it doesn't come next time.

7. aswathy

aswathy New IL'ite

can ani one suggest how to get gud color on mi face and hands as i had these before delivery but after delivery everybody says that i had lost all my color pls tel me tips to do at home as iam a wrkng women also

regards
    aswathy

8. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

hi Saideeps

I am trying this now.

# take 1 tbsp milk powder, 1tbsp honey, same amount lemon juice, 1/2 tbsp almond oil.mix well and apply to face n neck.keep for 15min and wash off with water.

Will let you know the result tomorrow

~Shilpa

9. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

I did try out the one mentioned above.
    I would'nt say i got clear skin, but definetly my skin feels smoother.

~Shilpa

10. sangeethraj

sangeethraj Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saideep,
    Thanks for your reply. I have pimple marks not pimples. can i use it.