1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food items from US for 1 year old?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Selvi, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing great. I want to buy some good healthy food stuff from here for my niece in India who has just turned 1. Is there anything like powder or gerber foods or shakes which I can buy ?

Any suggestions please.

:)
    Selvi.

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Food Items For One year old?

Hi Selvi,

I would not recomend the Gerber or any food items from here. Your niece must already have started to have the regular food. Now if it is just as a gift or something, i would suggest that you send her something like Fig Newtons or the Nutrigrain bars( the ones with no frosting and fruit filling). Both are soft enough for her to have.

Otherwise why not send her an educational toy ? There are so many options to choose from!

Vandhana

3. rathi

rathi Bronze IL'ite

I took these for my nephew

Hi Selvi,

You may have decided to go with Vandhana's suggestion to buy educational toys rather than buying readymade foods from here.

However, I thought I will share some of the food stuff I took for my nephew (who was 1 1/2 years old) last time when I went to India.

Pediasure drinks - comes in different flavours like choclate, vanilla, etc. in small bottles. My sis felt it was very handy to carry when she takes him out for few hours.

Gerber real fruit juice. I agree it is nowhere equivalent to those healthy juices made at home by grinding the fruits we want, but still you can give them as good gifts to try them for a change.

Graduates - mini fruits & mini veggies, Graduates - little flakes cereal in different flavours, cheese sticks, pretzels, Gerber - apple sauce, pears, prunes, etc.

I was particular in choosing fruits, veggie & snack items with flavors that cannot be got easily in India.

My sister was very happy that I got such foods rather than the usual toys.

Vandhana, do not mistake me, this is in no way to hurt you or contradict you, I am just sharing what my sister felt.

Love,
    Rathi

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Vandhana& Rathi..Will sure look into ur suggestions. :wave

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

No Offense taken

Hi Rathi,

No offense taken. We all have diffrent points of view. Also it is a question of practicality. We get good food stuff in India too . So why carry from here. Yes it is convinient to get the gerber bottles, juices etc.... , but how much can one carry? This is my way of thinking. Thats all.

Vandhana