1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food for your Soul

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lalithasai, Jun 18, 2007.

1. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Imagination
    What if you slept?
    And what if,
    In your sleep
    You dreamed?
    And what if,
    In your dream,
    You went to heaven
    And there plucked
    A strange and
    Beautiful flower?
    And what if,
    When you awoke,
    You had the flower
    In you hand?​

- Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)​

From the time I read this peom, I began valuing my imaginations. Dream, and the dream can unleash your potential. Think about it, this dream, this imagination, this thought can open the doors to undiscover the vital part of you. ​

Like in the poem, we all surely can have the flower we plucked in the dream that was so vividly true until we woke up. ​

Your views and experiences???​

sindmani likes this.

2. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

The following words of Gandhi helps me to be myself in every walk of my life. Hope it will help many of you too to retain your individuality.

Strength of numbers is the delight of the timid,
    The Valiant in spirit glory in fighting alone.

- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)

As human beings we all like to be accepted and praised for our glory. Thus sometimes or most times carried away by the delight of our Ego, we fail to do what our heart says, the truely right thing, in order to get the cheers from the people around. This is nothing but the strenght of numbers-the delight of the timid.

But if we choose to listen to our heart, the conscience, and do what is right, there is glory in it. Very often, to be in the righteous path is to stand alone fighting against odds. Thus being truly ourselves is the valiant in spirit and thus thee's glory in fighting alone. No matter what we all need to fight alone to reach our destiny. (God's always there, but I consider Him as a part of us)

Gandhi's life itself is a message, he did not have to preach but lived a life leaving footprints that remain so dear to us. I love Gandhi and his life inspires me to ponder and find joy and peace in being a normal human who surely can grow to be an enlightend one.

Do share your experiences and what inspires you the most.

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Lalita,

this is nice thread, but i don't have to add anything as i don't remember exact words and lines but things which inspires me are set in mind forever and when needed comes out. very soon i will let u know my inspirsational lines. but most inspirational lines for me are from Sri Bhagwad Geeta.

bye
    padma

4. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Dear Padma,

At times of despair, confusion, Sri Bhagavad Gita has always showed the right way to everyone who has sought refuge in the Supreme Words of Lord Krishna. It is so true that so many things in this world gives us an inspiration, it's never just one line or one person. And for me it's always been the principle and thoughts than the person, as I feel every great human remains in our heart only because he chose to listen to God's voice than to that of his Ego.

The following is a dialogue that Rabindranath Tagore wrote to Lord Krishna:

I came out alone on my way to my tryst. But who is this me in the dark?
    I move aside to avoid his presence but I escape him not.
    He makes the dust rise from the earth with his swagger;
    He adds his loud voice to every word I utter.
    He is my own little self, my Lord, he knows no shame;
    but I am ashamed to come to thy door in his company.

- Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941)

Tagore, though honoured with a Nobel Prize for Literature, his honour has always been his dignified relationship with his Spirit, God, rather than the reverence and recognition that he gained through his Poetry (expression of his experience).

I revere all the people in this world who've lived an exemplary life. All our inspirations no matter what springs from God who's the goodness in all.

You never know what knocks your door until you open it.

Have a lovely day. It'll be a pleasure to read what inspires you.

5. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Life with Inspiration is knowing how to live.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi Lalitha,

This is such a good post that you have started. I am reminded of a small verse -

If you think you are beaten you are
    If you think you dare not you don’t
    If you’d like to win, but think you can’t
    It’s almost a ‘cinch’ you won’t.

Rgrds,
    Nivedi

1 person likes this.
  7. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

Hi Nivedi,

That's a splendid verse. It's so true - what we think is we become. Thank you for sharing it. Do continue to post in the verses and quotes that brings our senses to sense.

:) Lovely day

1 person likes this.
  8. lalithasai

lalithasai Senior IL'ite

There should be less talk; a preaching point is not a meeting point. What do you do then? Take a broom and clean someone's house. That says enough.

- Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

Guess this Food for my soul needs no explanation.