1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Follow Your Instinct

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Aug 24, 2020.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I was really confused, and unable to come up with a decision about an important mile-stone of our lives.
    I have been discussing this with my family, listening to each and everyone's varied view points, as well as assessing the same from different people, who know this better.

Having said that, I saw the below lines from literature, and that changed the whole dynamics of my thinking pattern towards this matter.

"Pay attention to your Gut feelings, No matter how good something looks, if it doesn't feel right, walk away"

The above lines were very catchy.. They got me thinking deeply, and paying attention to my gut feelings!

How shame.... I have always ignored my inner voice in the past....
    They were always right, but I trusted everything else and failed miserably.
    Well, I may have been technically successful, but that's clearly not what I wanted in life.

I never trusted my instincts, never listened to my inner voice when it tried to protect me in the past...
    But things are changing the moment I start listening to myself. If you train yourself to listen to your instinct, it can guide you towards a very successful path.

Never discredit your inner voice. You are not paranoid, your body can speak and sense those bad vibrations.

No one can understand me better than myself....
    I am the person who knows in and out about myself... I am the person who only wishes me good, and the person who senses the emotions even before I faces the situation....

Intuition literally means, learning from within... Most of us like me are not taught how to use these senses. That's why we depend on others, seek expert advises and opinions from a 3rd person as if they know "everything" about us.

Your life is limited on this earth. So don't waste it by listening to everyone but not you!
    Don't get trapped by the worldly matters that may seem right for the moment. Don't let the noise of others opinions push your inner voice out. But have the courage to follow your instinct - that comes from your soul - that knows who you are and what you truly want.

While reading this wonderful literature in local language, I came across the above points, and felt they are 100% suitable to the situation I am in. Hence sharing this here for everyone to introspect.....

Caughtinbetween likes this.

2. madhurimavj

madhurimavj New IL'ite

3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is true to a certain extent that we should not discredit your inner voice.But there may be/are occasions our inner voice fails to convey the true message.It is also subject to sentiments/emotions. We, close to the subject, may not take the right step. People unconnected, not bound by emotions in that matter may gauge correctly and see through proper lens.In important matters bubbling with sentiments, it is better we take the opinion of worthy few, though we may not adhere to all they advise.Even a small point from the side of third party, may move matters in favourable way.Our gut feeling is not that great to be relied on always.

Jayasala42

hridhaya and SGBV like this.