Flower-102- “Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha.”

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by suryakala, Feb 6, 2014.

1. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Shri Shirdi Sai Baba Ashtotra Sada Namavali

Flower-102- “Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha.”

Ashtotram is (praise) offering our prayers to the Divine, through "OM", and the attributes of the Divine.

There are 108 attributes of Sai Baba in Ashtotra Sada Namavali. Each one is an everlasting flower of divine fragrance.

Flower-102: “Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha”.

Meaning:” Humble salutation to Him who rids of all pains arising out of worldly life” (Shirdi Sai Trust).

Reflections:

The cancellation of an important order in the business, Failure in an exam, diagnosis of a terminal disease, the loss of a very close member of the family or friend, or a natural disaster and so on –life continuously gives many shocks and surprises to every one of us that may shake and threaten our very existence and values. There is almost no one who can boast of having never come across such shocks. May be the intensity of pain and suffering vary from one individual to another. The one who is capable of absorbing the shock, come out soon and march on in life, succeeds. The biggest challenge such shocks pose is the very acceptance of the situation. The one who accepts the situation at the earliest, is easily prepared to analyse and move on for the better handling of the future.

The capacity to accept an unavoidable painful happening is greatly increased by the devotion to Brahmam, God or Guru on whom the cause of happening is shifted.” Let thy will happen”. These four words, shift the burden of acceptance to the Brahmam, God or Guru and the devotee immediately gets the strength to move on into the future. The Brahmam, God or Guru thus becomes effective in getting rid of the pains and be the guide and future actions of the devotee. Having overcome the pain through his intense faith on Guru, the devotee feels strong and ready to march on with his worldly life. He is prepared for the future ups and downs in life having said,” Let thy will happen”.

Mr.Gopal Narayan Ambadekar of Poona was a devotee of Baba. He served for ten years in the Abkari department in the Thana district and in Javhar state, from where he had to retire. He tried to get some other job but he did not succeed. He was overtaken by other calamities and his condition grew from bad to worse. He passed 7 years in this condition, visiting Shirdi every year and placing his grievance before Baba. In 1916 his plight became worse and he decided to commit suicide in Shirdi. So he came there with his wife and stayed for two months. One night while sitting in a bullock cart in front of Dixit Wada, he resolved to end his life by throwing himself into a well close by. But Baba wished to do something else. A few paces from this place there was a hotel and its proprietor Mr.Sagun, a devotee of Baba came out and accosted him thus: “Did you ever read Akkalkot Maharaj’s life?” Ambadekar took this book from Sagun and began to read it.

Casually, or we may say providentially he came across a story, which was to this effect, during the lifetime of Akkalkot Maharaj, a certain devotee suffered from an incurable disease and when he could no longer endure the agony and pain, he became desperate and in order to end his miseries threw himself one night into a well. Immediately, the Maharaj came there and took him out with his own hands and advised him thus: “You must bear the fruit- good or bad – of your past actions; if it is incomplete, suicide won’t help you. You have to take another birth and suffer again; so instead of killing yourself, why not suffer for some time and finish up the fruits of your past deeds and be done with it once and for all?”
    Reading this appropriate and timely story, Ambadekar was much surprised, and moved. Had he not got Baba’s hint through the story, he would have been no more. On seeing Baba’s all pervasiveness and benevolence, his faith in Him was confirmed and he became a staunch devotee. His father was a devotee of Akkalkot Maharaj and Sai Baba wanted him to walk in his father’s footsteps and continue his devotion to Him. He then got Sai Baba’s blessings and his prospects began to improve. He studied astrology and gained proficiency in it, and thereby improved his lot. He was able to earn sufficient money and passed his later-life in ease and comfort. (Shri Sai Satcharita Ch. 26).

He knows the pains and sufferings of His devotees and allows them to finish up the fruits of their past life. He takes care of them by mitigating their pains of the worldly life when needed and blesses them with happiness. He is Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya.

2. rekhachennai

rekhachennai Senior IL'ite

Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha

Baba, bless us always...

3. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Dear Suryakala Sister,
    Thanks a lot for offering wonderful flower 102 with us. Yes we need to complete our past karma. May Baba Bless you more and more in your life and to continue this excellent service throughout your life.
    Om Sri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha
    Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha

4. Anamikab

Anamikab Senior IL'ite

Hi..i need him now badly..please convey him his child is waiting for his love nd care eagerly..
    m so depressed..not like to live..please give me peace in my married life..its so painful as u know..so unbearable..please help me..

5. suryakala

Dear Rekhachennai,

Thanks for joining me in offering the Flower- Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

May Baba bless you with good health, wealth, peace and happiness.

Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha.

6. suryakala

Dear Bhuvisrini Sister,

Thanks for joining in offering the Flower- Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukhakshaya Karaya Namaha to Baba this week also.

Yes, indeed devotion to Baba gives us that strength to go through ups and downs in life with least pain and sufferings.

Thanks for your kind words. Cheers.

May Baba bless you and your DH with a lovely child soon.

7. suryakala

Dear Anamika,

Baba talks to you directly, if you really call Him. To reach that level of devotion, pray for at least five minutes intensely daily after having your bath.

Forget everything else and just think of Him. You will get all strength to face the difficulties in your life. There are many many more unfortunate people than you, who are happier, just because of their devotion saying," Baba, let thy will happen. I am taken care of by you".

Your sincere prayers, I am sure, will make you a different person full of confidence and strength.

Yes, I will pray for you from the coming Thursday. Our prayers together will help you look at life with cheer.

May Baba bless you and your dear husband in abundance.

8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Sister Suryakala, After reading this, I felt as if these words were written especially for me. Life is giving me problems after problems but each time, with His blessings, I am able to face them and even now, we are through one of the toughest times. I am sure, and I am so confident that Baba would come to my rescue like he comes every time. By reading this, I could feel Baba's kindness engulfing me and I am sure my pains and sufferings would subside. Thank you.
    Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukshakshaya Karaya Namaha.

9. suryakala

Dear Maalti Sister,

I am so glad to go through your post which shows how blessed you are!

Yes, most of us have ups and downs in our lives. But the feeling of confidence that," Baba will take care" comes to a devotee who is blessed. This confidence is the one which takes the devotee across the ocean of disappointments and difficulties to the shore of success and fulfilment. Indeed, you are blessed.

May Baba bless you and your family and be with you always.

Om Shri Sai Samsara Sarva Dukshakshaya Karaya Namaha.