1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Flakes in head - is it heat or vitamin deficiency?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by vivbass, Jan 31, 2007.

1. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi to all,
    my hubby is having flakes in his head,itz not looking like dandruff,i donno whatz the reason for this:confused: may be heat body or lack of any vitamins like that or any skin problem???
    anybody pls give me remedy for this..

2. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Could be vit defiency and winter. ask him to try scrubbing his scalp with oil, like hot oil massage, it might help to clean up. could be due to the shampoo too. so try one by one. even i have flakes in my scalp, i scrub once in a month and do hot oil massage too when possible.

3. Lavanya

Lavanya Bronze IL'ite

Don't scrub aggresively as this only irritates the scalp & increases the turn over of cells. Use very mild shampoo like baby shampoo. Lesser the number of fragrance & artificial colors in the shampoo the better. Besides being winter & cold & dry environment trigger, it can also be a very common type of dermatitis. Seborrhic dermatitis is very common ... it can present itself as a common dandruff issue or can be little more complex to treat. Either way a good dermatologist can help to diagnose & treat the condition early. Don't use harsh anti-dandruff shampoos without consulting with a good dermatologist. Sometimes age + stress(work,life) + environmental stress (weather) can cause a type of eczema... but not to worry as they can be easily controllable & treatable. Some genetic skin disorders can also be triggered suddenly sometimes between 30 -50 yrs of age by any other stress in life. I'm sure whatever the condition is, it can easily be treated. Have faith, show him your support & get a good consultation.
    L.

4. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

5. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi lavanya,
    thanx for reply & advice,:-D sure v'll got to DR. also if he have oilbath,then his scalp is ok,but next day it'll start again. anyway we'll got o DR & consult.