1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. Hopefully

Hopefully Gold IL'ite

Lovely thread,
    Mine was an arranged marriage(bcoz there is no other way my hubby could have got married),he and his family(2 sil's ,MIl & FIL,elser sil's husband and kids) had come to my house to see me.All the time hubby was sitting with his head down,i did not get to see his face at all ,not even hear his voice.All the talking was done by MIL and SIL's .I was as talkative as ever.Atlast they had asked if i had any questions to ask the guy and asked him if he had something to ask me,i rushed to say an Yes,but a NO from him(still head bent- i found out later that he was very shy to look at me).I was like what is wrong with this guy? this is not going to work out.

Then a week later i was told by my father that the Groom's side had asked to fix the engagement date. I was so furious ,i asked my Dad to get my hubby's no.I got it and made a call the next moment,blasted him over phone asking him how he could say a yes even without talking with me and being a guy he should have approached me first .The reply he gave was that if the families are OK then we will be OK.because likes of families come first.This attitude of him still carries on .

nevertheless he is a nice human being ,a down-to-earn guy,a understanding hubby(75%) and little momma's boy,a bit adjusting as well .Its been 5 yrs of marriage and most of the time i feel that we are made for each other .Still had lots of ups and downs.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
    2 people like this.