1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. GPriya

GPriya Bronze IL'ite

Re: first meeting

Hi ladies,

Ours is a love marriage and my hubby was my boss. The first time I saw him was when he came for an interview in the company I worked.. He saw me briefly and then behaved little nervously as he was there for the interview when I was already an employee there for 3 years. After his interview was over, I casually met the then boss and asked him who is that guy, my boss replied that he is going to replace him and the new boss is the one I report to from next week onwards.. I whistled immediately as the new boss was very handsome and had a good smile on his face too.

Then after 2 years of working together and being friends, my new boss expressed enormous interest in me and a very personal invitation for his siter's wedding (so that his parents can meet me as a wedding guest) .
    Since I didn't have any great plan of romance towards him, i didn't even go that wedding which disappointed him greatly. But then, seeing whats going on, I called him one day, asked him exactly what his intentions are and after hearing everything, I PROPOSED HIM :yes: .

Even today, I always tell my hubby that in my next birth, I want a guy to propose me and marry me... not the other way... He simply laughs!!! and tells me that I made his job much easier ...

:2thumbsup: Geeth Priya

2. sushmasampath

sushmasampath New IL'ite

Re: first meeting

hi friends,

nice to trace down the memory of first glance of the person who would go to become the most important person of life.

ours is a love marriage,so never thougt that initial brief meeting would lead to life long relationship.

i was at phone booth where our common friend was making a call.i had joined my post-graduate course and was staying in hostel.new atmosphere had me on little edge.my friend had told me that her friend is coming.

so i saw this guy getting down from bike,suddenly looking very familiar{even today i wonder why}.i somehow felt i should avoid him.so went into the booth to avoid speaking to him.later introductions were done and conversations continued.and we became friends,then proposal from him......and the rest as they say is history.

but i keep on tracing that first meeting as to find anything special,abnormal.....but fail everytime.

as it is quoted,"love just happens,if you hear bells get your ears checked" :wink:

3. thamaraisk

thamaraisk New IL'ite

I met him in Singapore on Nov 2005. We were both students,just enrolled!! New place and new friends. One day when i was watching TV in the Club house with another friend.."he" crossed us..and we had our intros..never did i think i was looking at my man!!

A day or 2 later,after we had our intro done again and had some talks done,i asked him if he could take me to "Harry Potter and the triwizard tournament" movie to which he said a YES without even thinking for a moment.

So,On Nov 23 2005,a wednesday...we went for the movie and that was my first night out in singapore..well,through out the movie,i could sense that there were a pair of eyes looking at me but didnt care as i was more into the movie!!

A week later (5 days to be precise),he sort of blurted out that he likes me and would love to marry me..which was a surprise/shock to me!!

A month later,i had to say YES...to him..!!

Even now,he recalls those 5 days and sighs that if i hadnot asked him to take me to the movie,he would have escaped from me!!

We are getting married soon------Feb 25,2010!!

4. saipavani123

saipavani123 Silver IL'ite

Nice thread :) . Mine is love marriage and it's not love at first sight. I was in my btech in 2008 and was doing my last semester(8th semester) we had to apply for company projects. . I had two best friends and some how we wanted to get into same company for project for enjoying 6 mnths :p . I was referred into hubby's company by one of my batchmate and got a call from the tech lead(my hubby) there for phone interview(I was partying at that time with friends ..it was placement come farewell kind of party :p ) . I completed my interview and was selected for project and out of our gang of 3 only 2 were selected. So we gave him( DH) lot of gali's for not selecting my other best friend :p. Things moved on fast and i had to come from college for joining the project of last semester. First day in the company we had some introduction by him about the project and all. This was our first meeting :). Very formal kind. :p .

Later he started liking me because i used to mix up in the crowd soon and make it lively and i always have a smile on my face :p....and i too started liking him as a person due to his wonderful nature.. he began talking to me a lot through SMS ..and gradually he kept telling me he likes a girl and i need to help him proposing her( i had small guess he was talking about me)....and he used to ask me to guess that girl...i kind of extracted information from him about the details of the girl ....and finally i said my guess is "Pavani"...then he said "Yes you are right !!!"..and it all happened....married in may last year :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. smile14

smile14 Gold IL'ite

Wow, nice way to go down the memory lane.....
    Hmmmm...mine is a love story .....
    I met my husband as a chat friend. After some talking we exchanged our phone numbers.....then we have become phone friends....one day he proposed me and I don't know why but somehow my heart knew this is the one for me.....
    Yes, I know am souding very weird.....I trusted him....and accepted it that am in love too....

After some time we decided to meet....while I was going to my hometown (as I was living in hostel), he came to that city...and we met on the railway station......
    I still remember how nervous I was , my heart was sinking .....I came to me and called my name....I still remember that voice....and then I looked him....... OMG he was damm handsome that I couldn't move my eyes......andthen there is no looking back../.....we are made for each other.....

6. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

it was very interesting to go thru all the stories and i just remembered my day of meting my DH.
    there is no single day i can forget the way i met him.
    ours is love cum arranged marriage.I did not see him for 9 months but talking to him ovr ph for 9months.
    just 10 days before our marriage i met him at airport personally which he wants me to do that way and then we went to a temple.
    it was mixed feelings of tension, anxiety and curiosity which i cant explain in words.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

You go girl! :thumbsup

8. sridivya

sridivya New IL'ite

What was your first thought when you saw your dh????

Both for arranged or love marriages:

What was the first thought that came into your mind when you first saw your spouse??
    Of course, for love marriages that person, just tell what was your first thought upon seeing that person for the first time.

Mine was an arranged marriage and when I first saw dh my very first thought was "I think I saw him somewhere".
    After running my thoughts back and forth and after lot of difficulty I recollected that he came to my work place to meet someone and saw me in the corridor and asked if that person works in the same building. Dh is actually tall 5'11" and I am 5'4", so I actually did not see his face properly, it was only the paper he showed me with the person's name he was looking for,that I saw. I saw his face while he was approaching me and not after that.
    So, yeah finally!!, I recollected and was very anxious to get that clear. As soon as we got a chance to talk to each other my first question was " Were you in xyz office building some days back"?
    He was like "'UH??, yeah! How do you know??"

Please share your side too.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  9. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Re: What was your first thought when you saw your dh????

I liked my DH in the first look itself. We met in my ex-office. I went head over heels:rotfl and he too was looking at me from the corners of his eyes
    I still go head over heels for some things:crazy...

10. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Re: What was your first thought when you saw your dh????

first thought
    hmmm a rowdy
    i hated him to the core used all words i had as he was ethical hacker