1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First meeting of your spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Huma, May 2, 2007.

1. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi again

do you remenber the very first time u met ur husband? tell me how? what was ur feeling at that moment and now?

thank u

Last edited: May 2, 2007

2. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Re: first meeting

Hi,

Nice and interesting topic..Actually i met my hubby for the first time in my aunty's house where they arranged our matrimony function(suyamvaram).To be frank as i was bending all time down, i just saw him fraction of seconds only...

But still i try to remember that meeting forever.....

Regards,
    usha

3. aashree

aashree New IL'ite

Great topic!

Me and my hubby were working in the same office. When i had joined that office he had already left for a project work to hongkong.SO i didn't knew him that time. While he was there, through other friends we exchanged our Yahoo ids and chatted once in a while. (Chats were very normal..)After returning from hongkong , he was on a vacation and joined back the office. The day he joined the office, the same day i had resigned this place. When in the evening i was saying good bye to everybody , he entered. That was the first time we saw each other.
    After that through other common friends we met on weekends and the love story started :)

4. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    What a coincidence? Today the whole day i am recalling my last year's experiences on this day as this was the day we first met.Ours is an arranged marriage.Last year on this day our parents arranged a meeting to see each other.We didn't talk much on that day just had a small chat on our education and job and he was so shy that day(me too:oops: ) as there was a lot of crowd my parents his parents and another friends family.We were unable to decide on this matter so again one week later we both met in a restaurant.This time only my hubby,his sister and brtoher in law ,me and my brother.This time we spent nearly two hours and discussed so many things starting from habits to future plans and everything.We both decided to take the next step but we didn't express that one another at that moment.While leaving i felt very sad and he just noticed that in my eyes and gave me a big smile.Later everything went fine we engaged in May and got married in Aug.
    Love:)

5. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    A gud topic to think of............
    Our marriage was an arranged marriage and we met each other in my home.
    We had very little time to chat and jus shared about each other.
    The second meeting was interesting when he came for taking marriage dresses.We spent nearly two hours in a restaurant and talked lots and lots (of course i got calls from home asking "when are u coming back?)then we went to temple and that day is memorable forever in my life.A year has passed after that meeting and we are nearing our first anniversary which falls on June 7.

Shantha KasiArunachalam

6. manisha13

manisha13 New IL'ite

hi
    i actually had an arranged marriage,but know wat,he was senior to me in school,very shy and scholar kind of,but at that time i had no idea,he will be my life partner!!

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Huma,

U started a great thread, well regarding our first meeting was really very odd. My sister-in-law (my mammi) arranged it & everybody knows abt it except me, becoz i was not interested to get married at that time.

My brother-in-law (jijaji) had a fractured & was really bad injured, so they put it that way that it looks he came to see him:mrgreen: , he came from pune to attend some function. Interestingly when he came to meet my BIL, they called me to meet him that made me curious??? why did they call me???? becoz lots of people came to meet him (my BIL) & they didn't call me that time. Anyway i figure it out that he came to meet me, co-incidently he is my BIL friend's, my mom told me to make a tea:wink: . & i made it without sugar:mrgreen: . Well that first meeting was general in front of everybody.

Then my mammi called again & he wants to meet me again somewhere & my mom agreed for that, they didn't leave me any option, becoz my BIL really liked him & strongly recommend & i was very close to my BIL, he gave me good advice that there is nothing wrong to meet him & rest all is upto U.

Well we met i told him i'm not much interested & at the end of our meeting he gave me his e-mail id & i gave mine to him. Then thru mails we came to know each other more better & he liked me & say yes to his parients & later on i accept his proposal too.

But it was really odd & still reminds me now & then.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very good thread. It makes us to remember our past sweet memories.
    Myself and my husband were working in the same office.
    He came to talk to me about credit card application and gave me lots of chocolates. I never wanted to eat them, but somehow I couldn't resist myself eating them.

-Punitha

9. arshi1611

arshi1611 New IL'ite

hi eveybody,
    A very nice thread.Its very interesting to read bout everyone.You know its posts like these that make u feel good cuz then u can go back to that wonderful time when u are in love or just starting to fall in love.Gives u the high doesn't it???:-D We all cherish that one time thruout our lifetimes.Well anyways let me tell u mine. Incidentally i never met my husband before marriage... i had spoken to him on the phone but never met him. our folks had decided everything and settled everything.Although initially both of us were a little annoyed cuz these days everyone wants to marry by their choice but anyways my sister spoke to him and gave him my number and then 3 months before our wedding date he finally decided to call me. we started speaking on the phone. Finally on the wedding day both of us were very nervous as how it would be cuz we had just spoken on the phone and it could all be just made up u know... the ceremony was going on and still i had this big ghoonghat( pallu) on my face and he was beside me and then after that we had to leave. With the heavy dress and pallu covering my head and most of my face i couldn't see where i was going and at one point i slipped and was bout to fall over when he just held me with both his hands and stabled me... that was when i knew that i was safe with him around and relaxed.mom and dad had found me a wonderful person!
    :wave

10. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Huma has given us a great chance to recollect the most memorable and the sweetest moments in our lives. Thanks Huma.

Mine is an arranged marriage though our families knew each other earlier. My mother-in-law was my TEACHER in my primary school!!! My brother-in-law(younger) used to fight with our gang when we went to play in their area!!So ineresting right?:-D
    But we were not in regular contact for a long time. The proposal came through a common family friend. In our community, the girl's family will go to the boy's house usually for the first time!:goodidea: . So I went with my parents. It was on the day of Balipadyami. There was a lot of subjects to talk about, conversation was just going on without break. It was fun. We had so many common things to talk about. We ate sweets, had coffee. Another interesting thing was that the great BRIDEGROOM was helping his mother in serving coffee and snacks. I was surprised and impressed too!! I could make out that he was different than many other men I had seen. We had a good gap of 6 months between the first meeting and marriage. This gave us enough time to talk to each other and understand. We are happily married since 2 years.

Each one of us will have something different about our first meetings!! Keep going.

Veena.