1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First day..First Look..First word destined to be treasured for years...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by parineetha, Jan 11, 2011.

1. parineetha

parineetha IL Hall of Fame

First meet is always special, if he/she is destined to partner our life forever.
    Did first meet give you goose-bumps or did butterflies swirl in your stomach or did u shy away in first glance or did u swept his/her feet off in a glimpse or did your hormonal glands went bankrupt that there was no attraction at all or did it turned to be cold and stormy?
    How was your first ever meet-up with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">ur</st1:City></st1:place> spouse been? For those singles out there how was your first meet-up with the person you fell for? And for the ones who are not committed yet, what would be <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ur</st1:place></st1:City> dream first meet-up with your love/fiancée be?

Rewinding the pasts, would bring smiles on any gloomy day...so please share your experiences…

Here goes mine, I met my better half 4 years ago in my workplace. I had joined that company just 15 days ago and my husband now, joined the company on that day was assigned to my project and our manager was introducing him to all our team mates. We were in a conference room attending a client call; my three friends sitting beside me were all drooling seeing him and seem so excited that a very handsome guy was part of their project group. I don’t know why, my hormonal glands went bankrupt I think, I had no attraction towards him at all, though all girls were thrilled and praying that he shouldn’t be having a girlfriend. For me, he was just an any other guy in office….But to mention it now, we became close friends in just 10 days, best friends in few months, fell in love in just less than a year and happily married now…whenever I tell this to my husband, he seems to be more interested in knowing who were girls he made them drool..lol..
    Now your turn IL’s..share your memories..

2. Mumbaigirl

Mumbaigirl Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pari,

Congrats & Thanks for this thread

Even I am happily married with my DH, but he was not my dream boy. I met my Dream boy in Mar 2001, He was having office in my area with his friend in partnership, he called me for an interview, but when I went for interview he was not there, his partner took my interview, I got selected & I started my job, after 4 days, he came to off, I saw him & I said :wowhe is so cute, within 1 month we became good friends, we started meeting after off, I was in love with him, then I came to know he also likes me, on his birthday in aug, I gave him surprised party, only me & him, on our best place, where we use to meet every day, he was so happy.

Then I purposed him, he was shocked, he said I was just thinking how to say it to u, then after 6 months, we informed our parents about our relation.

My parents was not having any problem, but his mother created drama, no love marriage.

3. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Pari & Mumbaigirl....Nice ones...Here is mine...

Was a rainy morning....

He had a rose in his hand...said...Welcome to Our World....

Man...he swept me out of this world with that...It was more than a pleasant surprise...Nothing can top that for me...(I had heard about him as a reserved,but mature guy & I did not expect that from him at all...)

Still I get goosebumps thinking about it...Thanks for making my day Pari...

4. parineetha

Dear mumbaigirl,
    Many thanks first of all..lovely to have fall in love and then getting married. Same pinch..both of us met our husband in office:)...But i dint get that line..he was not my dream boy..but i met my dream boy in 2001?? :bonk
    hehe..All MIL create drama..shhh..hope my husband doest hear this..
    -Parineetha-

Dear Reverie,
    wow..i got goosebumps now...was ur's an arranged marriage?

These may be little things, but it always fills us with happiness at any day..Great memories..other's share your wonderful moments too..

5. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Yes Pari...It was an arranged one...but we got to see each other & spend quality time... a couple of years before we tied the knot....Thanks to my Mom for spotting him...:)

Thanks again...Love is in the air...as always...

6. parineetha

Dear Reverie,

Amazing!!!sounds great to hear..my best wishes to keep u glowing in love..:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup..

-Parineetha-

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yeah, the first moments are always a treasure. We met through an online matrimonial services. We spoke for couple of weeks and I knew even before I saw him that he was the one I woud marry. Now, he claims the same about me.

He came to visit me and I was waiting for him at the airport to pick him up. I woke up early, made lovely lunch and dessert. Since I was living alone, I had even the liberty of asking to him spend some time with me in my apartment itself.

So, while I was waiting at the airport (Bangalore) he called and told me that his flight is late and that he is still in Chennai. This means, he would be another 1 hour at least before we can meet. I sat at the waiting lounge trying to read a book. But I couldnt concentrate. I just kept turning the pages.

In 2 mins he called back. I picked up the phone and he was standing right in front of me! He was kidding about the flight delay obviously. I was so delighted!

so...thats how we first met. we gave each other warm hugs and a few kisses on the cheek.

8. parineetha

Dear Rakhii,
    Sweet surprise isn't ??? Tat too when u were soo desperate to meet him for the first time..hmm..I can visualise..

-Parineetha-

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  9. Mumbaigirl

Mumbaigirl Bronze IL'ite

Dear Pari,

My DH is not my dream boy. I am happy with my DH; he is a very nice guy. My Dream boy's mother created drama & she was against our marriage & we tried to conveyance her for 2 yrs, but no use of that. We shifted to another place; he was coming to meet me in new house. Then I told him don’t come to meet me, actually problem was from boy’s family & after marriage girl have to leave there, I told my parents that I am not marrying with that guy, they was worried abt me, they asked me what happen, I told them his mother is against this marriage, after some days they also started searching a guy for me, even his mother started searching girl for him, then after 2003, I don’t have any contact with him, I got married in 2005, I am happy & my parents r also happy.

MG

10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I met my husband more than 15 years ago. At grad school..I was researching a prof to work with and heard about my husband who was a senior student for a prof I was interested in . I went looking for him couple of times and didnt find him . Gave one last try at the lab and I could meet him...For me it was the look. He said "Hi I am ..... I heard u were looking for me .Is there anything I can do to help " He had the kindest ,most alive eyes I had ever seen. We were friends for a long time before we even contemplated marriage and yes those eyes...I still get lost in them.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011