1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fireworks

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

So shanti and Veda are husband and wife eh ! And they didnt tell me.But they are both nice people,thank u both, and thank u sunkan for telling me.

And Sunkan i am enjoying very much here at Indus.the comments are lively, much better than u know what.Thanks for bringine me here, and i met Sri here, who is a wonderful person.

Thanks and regards.kamal

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear kamalji,
    now u also dont follow sri with praising me all the while, if at all u want to show me happiness pl comment on my blogs and make me happy..sunkan

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,

I will i will surely.HAHA.thanks.kamal

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oh.. kamalji.. thank you for the complement. and thank you sunkan for informing the forum....

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Welcome.Regards.kamal

6. sandhya19

sandhya19 New IL'ite

hello kamalji,
    this write-up of your's reminded me of marriage of my huband's marwari friend i attended in Ajmer.here in south india we never have baraaths,only the tapori types(sorry) involve in them,heavily drunk. my husband wanted to take part in the baraath,but i was reluctant,but he somehow conviced me, and to my surprise i had seen that the baraath walked right from thier house till the function hall,and even women with fully covered ghunghats were dancing on the road in typical rajasthani style
    in gujarat also there is a craze for baraths and fireworks,we live in third floor,there's a function hall just beside our flat,as final touch the baraath stops in front of our flat and with loudest of the band baaja they dance,i cant even hear my child crying,and with crackers especially 'ladis' fill our house with choking smoke, its so hazardous.
    but i do enjoy seeing the baraath everyone dressed up to their best and dancing,its an entertainment for my daughter also.

sandhya

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sandhyaji,

Well i have never been in a barath.I am embarassed to be on the road, and with them choking the traffic.

Im glad u like baraats, just make sure they dont pass my house, otherwise i will write a blog on it.:x
    I wrote in a light way, so i hope no offence taken by anyone.Thank you for yur kind comments.

Thanks and regards.kamal

8. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Oh Kamalji,,,,,
    You reminded me of the marriages and all extravagenzas.......Poor me......after leaving India never got a chance to attend an Indian marriage.......western marriages are so bland.......even they have dress code.....no colours at all......all black and white.........Oh gosh..........and the food.how can I forget the pani-puri and bhels........forgot the taste even..........
    still in the dreams of thae marriage........authentic indian saaaaaadiiiiiiii..............
    Yes, I do agree abt the traffic.it sucks.......if its one way and you are inside a four wheeler...forget that you are going to reach your place on time avoiding the baarat and band-baaza......but you know with all these disturbances, I managed to look at the groom in curiosity..to see....how the munda looks.......
    regards,

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  9. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hey Kamal Ji

I guess i'm late in repyling in this thread... anyways i'm becoming a fan of ur writing... so you can forgive me for that... one thing is for sure, Weddings are such an important part of a north indian's life that i guess we do everything pretty much for a WEDDING... the way we shop for the wedding, well people's eyes pop out...

well the write up of yours reminded me of my wedding (which was a few months back).... so what happened was that seeing the good weather of November we never thought it was goin to rain in lucknow on the very day of our wedding... and we had booked a huge open farmhouse for the wedding... who were we kidding... it did rain and it rained heavily the whole day long.... and my mother and my hubby's mother did all sorts of jantar mantar for the rain to stop but NOOO it just wudnt stop pouring... so with a heavy heart and wet eyes i started to get dressed to be a bride... alongside speaking to my hubby and my MIL(on phone) and others who were trying to console me not to worry things wud be fine... the baraat started,(without fireworks as it was drizzling) and everyboy hurried up their stupid dancing and when baraat reached the venue, so basically my hubby's baraat dint get a chance to jam a traffic or two... it stopped raining and so the fireworks took place right in front of the venue at last.... i was like THANK GOD... and everything went fine... when i reached the venue the ground soil was so wet that my high heels kept digging into the ground.... and so in the midst of this hotch potch we got MARRIED... and you wudnt believe it became so cold that we all were smoking from our mouths... u know what i mean...:-D ... people said that you have had a lot of malayi's from the vessels directly that is why it rained on ur wedding... well who knows... there were so many wedding that day... i wonder who had the malayis... all i know is that all the couples getting married that day suffered one person's malayis...

But I think a Honeymoon is very important cos that is a memory of a lifetime... and no holiday or vacation taken later can have that Charm, that is there in the honeymoon time...

~Abha

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Meetaji,

Well nothing like indian marriages for sure.But food these days is stale in marriages,with so many weddings same day,i get a stomach upset.

The Dulha , well i will ask u a few questions , see if u have an idea

1) why does the Dulha sit on the Female Horse (Ghodi), and not the male one ?

2) Why does he have a small boy sitting in front of him ?

3) Why does he eat Jarde wala Paan (Tobocco Paan), while on the Ghodi?

Chew it over and let me know the answers.Regards.kamal.