Finest Posts - Suggestions For Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by satchitananda, May 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Both New York Times and Washington Post leaked all the content of the Special Prosecutor's report through private messages and the reporters came to know that before the Congress. No collusion. No emolument clause violation. No obstruction of justice. No subpoena will be accepted either. Individual 1 will find his place in court filing only. No indictment. :beer-toast1:

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Amulet, @Rihana

The finest post for May 2019 goes to "Happy Father's day" Board post. I swear that was selected at random by the computer. Don't blame the moderator.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Yes he does talk in Tamil ! With his Tatta and Patti !

satchitananda likes this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

This is a great idea. Having a critics choice FP winner and a popular choice FP winner.
    Critics choice decision is full and final. No questions to be raised. Satchi mam and are cheeniya sir we doing great job in this..
    Popular choice FP janta decides. Now they can't question Janta either because it goes by majority. If you say popular ILite wins it month after month. That's fine. Let it be. Some effort also goes into becoming popular in a forum like this.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    satchitananda and Afresh like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

There could be flaw in this system too.
    What if there are multiple ids of the same person and trying to support his/her IL friend ?
    The best thing is to stop all these awards system. As @Greenbay mentioned each person who provides valuable suggestions, info etc is a winner.
    It’s sad that we will miss one of the great writers and an all rounder.

7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah.. This can happen... Unless there's a monetary benefit to the person winning I don't see someone putting their effort and time to make an new ID and try to popularize a member .
    Well there could be a few who do it . You never know.
    Anyways I'm just giving some suggestions where judges are not targeted. .
    They don't deserve this after putting so much efforts here..

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Thyagarajan, satchitananda and Afresh like this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala,

Your post was an outstanding one and therefore I gave your the prize. It was after I had posted the winners that I realized that it was two consecutive posts but it was too late since it had already been announced. Besides it did not seem right to me to give a prize and then withdraw it within a hour. In fact the prize did not do you any favour, since one cannot add 2 red ribbons. So yes, it was a loss to another poster as well as to you.

There I stand guilty of a terrible mistake, not favouritism.

9. satchitananda

Definitely, I will try to defend myself to whatever extent is reasonable and honest. Even murderers and terrorists are given a chance to defend themselves. If you have already decided that what I say will be a 'defence' which is unreasonable going by the tenor of your post, then I don't see what good it is trying to explain. Kamala's case I have already explained to her and since you have read all the PMs you know I have already explained to the aggrieved member as well. She wanted to make herself believe that I was lying or making lame excuses.

I am shocked to think that I am facing a Spanish inquisition here for something as silly as a red ribbon. I know you will jump at me again saying that it is a matter of recognition, not of the ribbon. Fine. Her posts have been recognized by a lot of worthy ILites. So what does my stupid, partisan opinion matter anyway? Give a dog a bad name and hang it. That is what is going on here.

Anyway, coming to your other questions,

As for Thyagarajan, I hardly know him. If he has won prizes, it is purely because his posts were good. And that is why everybody gets prizes. If you want to say that I choose bad posts, that is your choice. If you want to say I like people and therefore I give them prizes, that is not true. Whether you believe it or not, I liked the posts of the person on whose behalf you are fighting with me so much, I could have ended up giving her at least another half a dozen prizes. I had nothing to hate about her, in fact I was quite fond of her as a personality on this forum, nut then, I'd have been accused any way of favouritism to her. Even though I don't know her personally.
    Although I know this exercise is futile, I have tried my best to place the honest facts in front of you. It is upto you to accept it or trash it as the ramblings of a stupid, partisan, prejudiced (languages) woman.

Laks09, Viswamitra and kkrish like this.
  10. satchitananda

I respect you for asking for an explanation for your back to back nomination. I have already responded honestly to that. However, I am fed up of the Spanish inquisition I am being put through on this forum and have requested @Jey to relieve me of this position. I do hope he will do so at the earliest. Anyway there are many people baying for my blood - even people who hardly write, do not contribute much, do not nominate posts @Tamrakshar. How wonderful it would be if the courts of this land would hang accused people after listening only to the complainant. I hope they too will be happy. I for one will be delighted not to have to do this thankless job anymore and to be just a regular poster.

Viswamitra, kkrish and Afresh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.