Finest Posts- June 2013 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

I would like to reveal something that has been kept a secret :)

3 people like this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ac,

Thank you for this nomination. I am yet to read it and it is always nice to read something which will fill your heart with live and positive feelings.

L, Kamla

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

5 people like this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  5. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

Anitap,

Thanks a lot for nominating my post. I feel really proud and happy that am nominated for the second time .. I never felt like writing until I joined IL . So happy to be a part of it and thank you for all your time and feedbacks...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That time of the year is already here. June. The month that brings us the monsoons - the skies weep copious buckets of tears and mothers and children do to as schools reopen and many children take their first step into school. In a country with a population of billions, there is no shortage of kids entering schools for the first time.

However, for all parents their child's first day - especially the first child's first day at school is unique and Maya has described her dear little one's first day so well, it brought tears to my eyes (though I am not commonly given to tears, looks like my team spirit did not desert me today :biggrin2:) and her final sentence left me chuckling merrily.

So here I am with my third nomination of the month http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/220739-my-dds-first-school-day.html

1 person likes this.
  7. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

anand chitra,
    thank you for nominating my post.i feel that i am honoured.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anita
    I am thankful to you for your nomination of msid's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...20707-what-have-i-we-changed.html#post2838588 I was floored by the thought process of sid and his introspection from the morning of that Sunday till he walked away with his tennis racket to join his friend Ram for a vigorous round of Tennis was indeed a profound one. The questions that he asks himself are the kind of questions that we must all ask ourselves from to time to get a grip on our life.

Most of us are in a mad rush towards what we perceive as Utopia. We have no time to take a look at the distance we have covered, whether the changing scenario is to our liking, what sacrifices we may have to make in our march towards our goal and most importantly whether such sacrifices are indeed worth the goal that we are after. 'Do I miss the kid in me?' is the best parameter to evaluate the changes which are coming our way. If our goal is to be increasingly happier at every stage, what better way is there to rate it against whence we commenced our journey?

Sid takes us on a step further here. He looks at the life of modern kids against the backdrop of his own childhood as a 'kid who laughed, talked, played without any bounds inside.' This deterioration in the quality of life is the price that we pay in the name of progress. A round of tennis in a well manicured tennis court can hardly be a compensation for running barefoot without a care in the world in a rural landscape. But then we have reached a point of no return. All that we can do is to take a journey back in time and find ecstasy in the reverie of our childhood.
    Sri

2 people like this.
  9. msid

msid Silver IL'ite

Cheeniya sir,

Thank you for such a nice reply. Sometimes when I read replies from you or viswa sir. I used to think, " Really? Have I done it really well ? " .

Very true that the game of tennis can never match the childhood I had. As you have quoted, we have reached a point of no return.

When I was a kid, I never had stress. I come back from school, throw the bag and I just go to play. Now I see my nephew has so much to do. Daily home works, weekly tests, cricket coaching, football coaching. I wonder why everything has to be so complex in a childhood ?. You have given me the answer " Its the price we pay in the name of progress " ... Thank you for your reply sir , I am proud and honored :)

2 people like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi
    Thank you for your nomination of maya84's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/220739-my-dds-first-school-day.html
    What I love most in maya's narrations is her subtlety. She never dramatises an event while describing it. She bares her heart and pours out her feelings into it. The manner in which she puts her kid to sleep the night before the first day in school and how she makes sure the next morning that the child is in her best frame of mind before leaving for the school are the hallmark of an understanding mother. I have seen some who get more tensed than the child and create pandemonium that casts a pall of gloom over the entire house!

maya has all the markings of a mother who would give her best to her child. Every mother does that but what distinguishes her is the manner in which she is able to make her child enjoy what she is doing. As we go through this narration of her child's first day in school, I get a strong feeling that it will remain etched in the memory of not only maya but all of us who have become privy to this most coveted day of a child's life!
    Sri

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.