Finest Posts- June 2013 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

My 4th nomination this month
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/220815-if-not-we-then-who.html#post2840239

Being a parent is no big deal but being a "good" parent is not easy.
    This might sound obvious but its true that many parents we meet blame everybody but themselves for how their child is turning out. We must make sure that as parents we must set a good example for our children .....I've learnt that you need to take responsibility from day one.
    You've been blessed with the incredible miracle of a life ....this blank canvas.. that's up to you to paint in a positive way

arthimahalakshm did just that....Kudos to her!!!
    I am sure her experience and her approach will help many parents around here....

2 people like this.
  2. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

thank you dinny for nominating my thread.
    now i feel blessed becoz both of my latest threads have been nominated for finest post of this month; really made me happy.
    i would like to thank my readers for their encouraging likes.

btw,arthi is my elder dd.

1 person likes this.
  3. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Satchi for nominating my post for Finest post. Your words have encouraged me to write more.

1 person likes this.
  4. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot Cheeniya sir for your feedback on my post. I'm honoured for the appreciation received for the mother in me.

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Dinny
    arthimahalakshm's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/schoolgoers-and-teens/220815-if-not-we-then-who.html#post2840239 is a top class nomination from you! Kudos to you!

In your nominating thread, you have said 'Being a parent is no big deal but being a "good" parent is not easy' but I look at it differently. Being a good parent is no big deal but being a bad parent is really tough! Every parent thinks that she is good and her goodness is manifest in all her actions towards her children. Every parent has her own concept of being good to the children. Some are like arthi to whom goodness means good upbringing. They are disciplinarians and all their actions are oriented towards providing their children a strong foundation which will stand them in good stead during all the tempests of fortune.

Some parents think that being good to their children means being highly indulgent. They cater to every whim and fancy of their children and thus spoiling them to the core. These spoiled brats can never take 'No' for an answer and would go to any length to get what they want. Dhritharashtra was a classic example of this category. He was not only blind to the world but to the idiosyncrasies of his children as well!

Ask any seemingly bad parent about it and she would say that she wants nothing but happiness for her child! In her mind, she would be rating herself as the best parent ever. It is in this context that I say that it will be difficult to find a 'bad' parent. Parents can be judged only by the effect of their actions on their children. Even our Father of the Nation was a bad father of his children as posterity revealed.

arthi has set an excellent example for all young mothers of IL but I honestly feel that such stern outlook is difficult to develop though it is in the best interest of the children. I have seen parents melt the moment their children start crying. I did. My daughters do. That's why I rate arthi as a rare mother. May their tribe increase!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  6. arthimahalakshm

thank you for your reviews about my thread.and i am overwhelmed by your statement as i am a good mother.
    but at the same time i am not able to accept you saying 'bad' mother.
    according to me they should be named as weak mothers and me dabang(strong) mother.
    even after resighning my job l i feel the dabang teacher who handled 60-65 students in chattisgarh still persists in me.
    becoz my dds say at home also you are a teacher.

with regards,
    radha sriram.

3 people like this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Here I am very late in this forum. But still abiding my conscious.

My first nomination is Maya's

Met my love. 2 years after my marriage

It gives lot of hope to the institution of marriage.

Second one is arthimahalakshmi's

If not we then who else

Third one is again her's

All dils I envy you

At the time hearing irked relationships with in-laws, this comes as a soothing snippet.

Though I may be the nth nominator of threads, I felt that I should do my part.

Reserving the fourth one.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  8. arthimahalakshm

thank you manju for nominating both of my threads.i am honoured.

1 person likes this.
  9. arthimahalakshm

sir,with your permission,i would like to share some part of your post.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.