Finest Posts- June 2013 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

Is it not strange that a person who is crawling into his second childhood is here to announce the month of youth? According to the Roman poet Ovid, June is the month for young people and the one that we are about to consign to history is the month of the old!

The thought that is uppermost in my mind is that if the month of the old could flood us with 40 odd nominations, what should we expect in upcoming June, the month of the young? But I can assure you that the thought does not unnerve us. Bring 100 nominations and that would only gladden our hearts like they have never been gladdened before. This forum is rapidly gaining in popularity as our members flock to it to scout for the most eminently readable threads appearing in various sections. This has become a congregation of our avid readers who are in constant trail of the best that appear in our community. Our nominators are doing a wonderful job in catering to their need.

If what you read makes you happy and impressed, is it not your duty to share it with others and what better way can there be than to nominate them here? We look forward to get smothered again with your nominations.

Is that Iyerviji, Satchi or Quebec that is galloping to the Forum to nominate? We’ll know in another hour! We assure you that our doors are not only open but a royal welcome await you!

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/69-how-do-i-add-link.html#post249

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

Your FP Team.

2 people like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
  3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Everyday of life should be a time of celebration....however “First” Birthday is a milestone in our child’s life and needs to be celebrated... The baby is not going to remember his or her first birthday party but there will come a point in child's life when it becomes important for him/her to know. The celebration is equally important for us as parents and for all of those friends and family members who will be present in our child’s life for many years to come..
    This is a thread where you will find the solution to all the whats and hows of a birthday party.

I nominate Rakhii's
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...-my-daughters-first-birthday-celebration.html

Rakhii is a meticulous girl and has gone down to write the minutest details about the party and how she planned it...This has helped many ILites and i am sure many parents in future will refer to this thread as a complete guide to plan a birthday party.

Celebrating an year of parenthood Rakhii's style!!

And thats my 1st nomination this month :)

3 people like this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

My second nomination this month is a thread about Ducks...errr no dont worry its not about their breeds,feeds etc...its something else...its http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/219159-life-from-ducks-view.html
    Personally i find ducks very cute..i luv the joy they display when swimming..the quiet gabbling as they talk to each other..and their circle sessions in the pond.One can not imagine any one holding a grudge against these cute creatures...but unfortunately our OP had one against them..Our OP was stuck as some ducks one day decided to block his way...and from there begins one of the most hilarious snippets i read recently on IL.
    I am sure Walt Disney must have had a similar experience before he created the cartoon character "Donald duck".
    Dont go by the spelling and grammar mistakes in the thread..those were incorporated to enhance the humor element in the snippet....(well i think so)
    Our OP is one of the naughtiest and funniest ILite...naughty because with every post that he makes he tests our brains with the spelling and grammar mistakes...no not that he has a bad english..he simbbbblly likes to test other ILites.
    And funniest because whenever i feel gloomy all i have to do is open IL and read any of his posts... this post should be a proof of his sense of humor
    No i am not nominating that post...it was just to lighten up the mood in FP...:)
    Hope you all will enjoy Naksh's thread the way i did.

5 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

My third nomination again happens to be from the forum "Parenting and kids"....

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...809-mental-health-awareness-in-schools-8.html
    I must say Teacher is doing a commendable job in discussing things about child upbringing in this thread.I am sure many parents must have benefited from her posts.This thread raises awareness about the importance of children’s mental health so that children may get help for mental health disorders with the same urgency as any other health condition.
    The thread was started in 2010 and from then on teacher has been regularly updating it.
    She is a guiding light to many in IL and i am her fan.

4 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Thank you the First Lady of IL for not disappointing me by coming in with the first nomination of the month! Satchi was also the first to be nominated last month too. Her http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/219281-growing-up-pains.html this month are no pain to read. Beneath the lighthearted banter lies some serious food for thought. It is like a 'scratch card' where you scratch out the hidden gift and claim it!

The lines that she has quoted from Bhaja Govindam never fail to fascinate me but, as Satchi has observed, no place on earth appears as safe as the mother's womb today. Sankara's reference to our sojourn in mother's womb can only be from the context of warning us of what may lie ahead for us once we are out. The child crying on coming out is an excellent example.

I like the way our journey through life is described as a journey from a pediatrician to a geriatrician! In between we see so many 'cians' for so many pains! But I can assure Satchi that we are ultimately led into that stage in life when we start looking very attractive to others. I have seen young girls giving out squeals of delight when they encounter a really old man (another five years down the line for me!) yelling ,'How cute he is! Look at his toothless smile and how he squeezes his eyes to focus on things around him. Cho chweet'!

What next Viji?
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Dinny
    I can't thank you enough for nominating Rakhii's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/i...-my-daughters-first-birthday-celebration.html
    What a fantastic commentary on a wonderful birthday bash that I have ever come across! The pictures posted by her look really yummy. Now there is no need for any young mother to break her head about how to organise the first birthday of her child. We have a solid reference work here! This thread should find a place in our Home Page!

At this juncture I can't help thinking of my poor mum! God knows what she did for my First Birth Day! I only hope she did something that is in keeping with my Hall of Fame status in IL!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  8. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much sir...for coming to the forum and giving such a great review about that thread.
    And also thank you for "nominating" it to the home page of IL...:)

And i am sure Sir your mom must have really made your 1st b'day special....its just that you dont remember it now.:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

My dear Dinny
    Being an avid fan of our Indian Cricket Team, ducks are nothing new for me. But the way they have been presented by Naksh in his http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/219159-life-from-ducks-view.html is hilarious to say the least. We in Chennai face traffic snarls usually caused by buffaloes but ducks confine themselves to class rooms and cricket fields. Talking of life from duck's view, I am reminded of Walt Disney's Benji, the Hunted where in most of the scenes the camera moves at the little dog's height to give us a clear perspective of the world as viewed by the dog. Now Naksh has achieved a similar effect by 'humanising' his ducks!

You know Dinny. The mistakes in Naksh's threads are like the 'baby talk' They are so endearing and endless source of joy! Like Naksh, I also take them in my strides. But I am intrigued by your stand that you are not nominating the thread. Though you may have your reasons for it, the thread is too funny not to be taken as a nomination.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  10. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.