Finest Posts - December 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Pallavi
    Thank you for nominating Srama's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/199987-touch.html. I just finished reading that thread forgetting even to breath! You have said in your FB "wow... wow.. and wow srama. its a mind blowing piece of writing.. you can write such master pieces from anything. At the end of it you make me feel amazed.. beautiful beautiful.. just beautiful" and I would unhesitatingly say 'Amen' to that!

Reading this thread transported me to another world, the world of the immortal Nat King Cole and his song 'Autumn leaves' instantly stirred out of my mind to fill my heart all over again. I mumble the tune:
    The falling leaves drift by the window
    The autumn leaves of red and gold
    I see your lips, the summer kisses
    The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
    And soon I'll hear old winter's song
    But I miss you most of all my darling
    When autumn leaves start to fall

Certain things leave an indelible impression in our minds. Nat King Cole's song is one of them, not merely because of its richness but also because of the image it creates in our minds. Now Srama does the same thing that Cole did decades back. Srama has rightly concluded it with her 'Touch'. She does have a magical touch that can make even an aging keyboard create an ecstatic thread. Now Nat King Cole and Srama will complement each other in my heart, one with his immortal song and the other with her ecstatic thread on the same subject of Falling Leaves!
    Sri

8 people like this.
  2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

yet again you leave me speechless and wordless to express my gratitude! And how can I thank you for introducing this lovely song - I listened to it, coming away with a heaviness yet with a smile! What a lovely rendition touching one's very own soul, what lovely words!

Thank you dear sir for your words - I am truly truly touched!

Regards!

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Yoohooo, I get the honour of nominating this post by Arch on "What an Emergency". I came running here to nominate it as it was an emergency, wondering all the time if someone had already done it. But looks like my definition of the word was different from that of anyone else who has it in mind to nominate this post!!!!! :-D I am now all out of breath and am heading downstairs to the emergency department to be seen to. :rotfl

3 people like this.
  6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Satchi,

Same here, came in like it was an emergency. Had to catch you before my partner could!! Ha ha, not that it matters as we all know what a pleasure it is to read when he writes!! :)

As usual, great nominations Satchi. Last thing I did last night was read Bhavna's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...n/200101-kkrish-shanvy-magee-laxmi-manju.html which put a big smile on my face and comforted me immensely. I knew the post would land up in FP and why fear that when we have Satchi around?! Thanks for this nomination.

As for Arch's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/199978-what-an-emergency.html, I am sure she has something to tell us even in emergency!! I am yet to read this and will do so as soon as I can and thanks for this nomination too.

Hope all is well at your end? Often think of you and your mother. Today, if she were alive, my mother would have turned 83!! RIP mom, wherever you are.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  7. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Kamla,

Thanks for honoring me with your admiring words.
    I have read your feed back in my snippet. I will get back to you with my response once I am out of the hysterical pleasure reading it.

Love,
    Bhavna

8. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Satchi,

Wow....!!! I am overwhelmed with this kind of honor indeed......

It was a beautiful gesture on your part to rush to nominate my snippet.
    I owe to the members of this website a lot as I got motivated to write my thread.....http://www.indusladies.com/forums/q...uality/171782-our-treasure-bhagavad-gita.html ....

not only that ......

After reading several humorous snippets I was inspired to write my own snippets.

Thank you once again my dear.......

Love,
    Bhavna

2 people like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Sri sir
    I think this is my last nomination.
    In appreciation of a daring snippet in a predominantly ladies site I nominate AnandChitra's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/200234-men-are-amazing.html#post2569976.

She has voiced what has been bothering me and irritating me no end the past few years. Women putting men down, ridiculing them, projecting them as lazy, careless etc. I am so happy to learn that out there are many women like Chitra and others who respect men.

3 people like this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamala
    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your nomination of Anandchitra's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/200234-men-are-amazing.html#post2569976
    Apart from the fact that it is a daring snippet the like of which only a veteran like AC can write, you have nominated it for the spirit in which it was written and that gladdens my heart no end.

But I must tell you the male side of the whole issue. Right from the days of the Neanderthal and Cro-magnon men, getting ridiculed by their women is always perceived as an act of extreme love by them. The men tend to believe that it is this kind of liberty that women take with them that bonds them better. There is a series of advertisements in the TV these days that make use of this aspect of man-woman relationship with a telling effect. It is an ad of a mosquito repellent and the dramatis personae are an old couple. Every time he tries to impress her with his action, she snubs him gloriously and what an endearing sight it is! Warms my heart until it starts steaming!
    Sri

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.