Finest Posts - December 2012 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear All
    What a hectic month, November has been! If I have to say it in the words and style of the Tamil comedian Vadivelu, ‘Kalakkittangayya, kalakkittanga!’ would sum up the nominations for the month! Thirty nominations each one worth its weight in gold kept us busy throughout the month and it was not only fun acknowledging them but a challenge too. Now it is time to close the nominations for November and open the account for December.

The Karthigai deepam festival is just around the corner and the market is flooded with earthen lamps. Fortunately there is no power cut for oil lit earthen lamps and the whole place will be decorated with these tiny little lamps. Mind you, this is how our great grand parents lived in the days of yore, not just for one day but for their entire life time! With those oil lamps, they toiled hard, distinguished themselves in various fields of activity. There are legends like Dr.K.S.Sanjeevi who even performed surgeries with oil lamps! Let us remember all of them now and feel more inspired than ever before.

When I say more inspired, it is with the fond hope that you will all excel in what you are doing. IL is getting flooded with awesome writers and what they come up with has raised the literary bar of IL by several notches. Our members have a discerning eye in picking out the best and nominating them. All of them may not win a prize but we must be thankful for these nominations. They make our job of accessing the very best in IL much easier with just a visit to the FP Forum! What is most gratifying is that more and more members are joining the nominating team and what can be a more effective way to foster a feeling of camaraderie and goodwill than to highlight excellence in others through nominating their posts? My heart is just brimming with pride for this community of which I am a member.

Please do continue to build this bridge of friendship. And keep us busy too! For our part, we assure you that your nominations will receive our prompt and active attention!
    The FP Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for annoying you by repeating the following like a parrot!

Please do Note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not eligible for nomination.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6299-finest-posts-of-il.html
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/69-how-do-i-add-link.html#post249

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html#post6653

3 people like this.

2. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir and Kamala Mam,
    Here goes my first nomination for the month of December - Kamalji's
    Were The Gods Sleeping

Yet another humorous and interesting post by him..

--
    Archana

3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna and Kamla

I always think I should start my nominations from the first of the month. But what to do our ILites now a days flood with thoughtful posts and I cant but nominate them. I think with all the thoughtful posts by ILites a book can be published.

Here is my first nomination which is none other than our dear Satchi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/senior-citizens/198959-homes-for-the-aged.html. I dont know why God is testing her like this. She is really going through a tough time but God will bless her for the amount of care she is taking for her mother leaving aside her health problems. If atleast I was near her could have helped in some way.

3 people like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear AArchana
    Thank you for the first nomination for December with Kamalji's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/198856-were-the-gods-sleeping.html
    Kamalji, as his wont, has taken a lighter view of God sleeping and gone on from there to social issues like marriages getting bunched up during the months immediately after God waking up.

First, a little about God sleeping business. The period of God sleeping runs for four months called Chaturmasya. Chaturmasya is a period in which Lord Narayana enters into Yoga-Nidra. This does not mean that Lord Narayana sleeps like us mortals. Even, the demi-gods are called Animishas because they have no sleep. What to speak of Lord Narayana, the creator of all these demi-gods? Lord Narayana has decreed that during this Chaturmasya, all good deeds will have multifold effect. This is the reason why the Sanyasis, irrespective of their affiliations, observe austere Vrata during this period. They do not travel but stay in one place to observe this Vrata very seriously.

Hearing Kamal saying that this is an ideal time to commit sins, I brushed up my mythological knowledge. The boon of our good deeds bearing multifold effects was granted by Narayana during His Varaha Avatar. He has not decreed that sins committed during this period will have less malefic effects! But then, looking at 'babes' is not reckoned as sins in celestial parlance as Devas indulge in it all the time. So Kamal is excused!

Further Kamal's great concern about marriages getting bunched up is socially very relevant and shows the level of his social consciousness. That exposes his heart of gold which lies hidden under all his naughty threads!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Satchi's expression of utter anguish and helplessness in her thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/senior-citizens/198959-homes-for-the-aged.html
    Your own expression of anguish of why God is testing her like this is echoed in the minds of all of us. Satchi is like my daughter and seeing her suffer like this wrings my heart.

Having said this, I must also express my reservation about nominating this thread. I take the liberty of expressing my reservation as your Anna. Satchi has poured out her feelings in this thread as she is emotionally compelled to share them with her friends here. I know how lonely and helpless she feels. She has just vented here and I do not think even earning our sympathy is anywhere in her mind. She has also hoped that we may have some useful suggestions to offer as Aspire has done. She is desperately looking for a way out for her mum. I do not think that nominating this thread is going to lessen her emotional burden or offer her any relief from her anguish.

But from a different perspective, it is good to nominate it here as that will take this thread to the attention of a large number of members and hopefully one of them will come out with a worthy, workable solution.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna I can understand your feelings.I am also touched reading the thread and only pray God to help her out. True by nominating ILites will read her thread and give her some suggestion.

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you very much dear DGCreative......I am honored by the nomination.....Bow

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Archana,

thank u for nominating my light hearted post about the gods sleeping. it amazes and amuses me no end, why do gods have to sleep so long, and who takes care of the world in their absensce. No wonder yamraj ruled the roost while the gods were sleeping by taking away Bal Thakeray, kasab, and others, before the gods woke up eh !

HAHA

Thank u, and it is wonderful to see the thread starting with u nominating my post.Thank u so much.

Regards

kamal

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.