Finest Posts - December 2008 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by SoaringSpirit, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,

The month of December marks the passing away of another year. Or, if we say it differently, the month of December paves the way for us to experience yet another wonderful year ahead.

Although the weather is cold in most parts of the world, the weather in IL is cozy, warm and full of warmth as usual. We have sort of taken this warmth as a “given” in our lives, haven’t we? Well, I know I have!

Alongwith the warmth in IL, what we (the FP team), have also taken as a “given” is the gems that are posted here and the heart-felt nominations that bring these gems to the FP!

So friends, inundate the FP with your nominations and spread the warmth all over! We are looking forward to being engulfed by the lovely nominations of wonderful posts.

Even though we are all well versed with the rules of the FP, it would not hurt to mention them once again :

Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the 26th of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened. This will avoid the heartburn that the moderators experience at the very last minute of every month!!

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise instructions on adding links to your nominations –

- To a link to the original post that you are nominating :
    How do I add a "Link" in my message?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating :
    How do I create a link to an existing message posted in IL?

Wishing you all lots of laughter, happiness, cheer, good health and prosperity in the coming year!

Lots of luv,
    Kamla and SS

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and SS,

Let me have the honour and privilege of opening December's account by nominating Malspie's thread on Mumbai blasts.

The uniqueness about Malspie's thread is that like a 24X7 news channel it gives frequent newsupdates and at the same time serves to express our solidarity against the mindless terrorism unleased against one of the most beautiful, properous cities of the World, Mumbai.

I would like to draw everybody's attention to Malspie's thread on Mumbai blasts.
    love,

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  3. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

There are many firsts happening in my life in IL!

In November 1st week I was declared the winner of the "Finest Post of the Month" for the first time.

Once again for the first time a Star Writer of IL, nominates a very sensitive post.

I appreciate your forward thinking and I want many more like you to come forward and give the topic a high pedastal.

India is severly facing terror threat and innocent Indians are being victims of terrorism.

The matter is always whispered in each other ears, it was always given a hush hush treatment.

If we continue such habits, we may gift our children a country infected with terrorists.

We need to unitedly condemn terrorism and come out boldly to defend our nation. We will not be booked under any judicial procedures for saying, India will not tolerate terrorism.

I am extremely thrilled to be in the nomination not that I am gloirfying the killing and the fear.

We should not look at the post as a frame of fear and blood shed to be adorned on the wall, we should look at it as the gateway of the events to come for future India.

The day we stop condemning terrorism only in our bedroom and bathroom or in the ears of our friends and relatives, India will emerge as the winner!

I did not start this post to look for any cup or trophy, I anyways do not do it for any of my posts, but to see a topic which is the matter of concern and action for the young Indians who is going to live here to face the terrorists and their attacks, being loaded up on the nomination list, I am touched.

I would not like a goat chicken out saying, I do not want the thread to be in nomination. Instead, I would roar like a tigress to call the animals of the nation to unite together to combat terrorism.

Let us put our differences away, fears away, our old school of thoughts away and work heard to liberate our soul / minds and thoughts to a higher pedestal.

Vande Mataram!
    Vande Mataram!
    Vande Mataram!

Thank You Sridhar!

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mods,

I would like to second Varalotti's nomination of Malspie's thread about Mumbai Blasts.

Hats off Mals for the excellent work. I salute you my dear.

This was the time to show our solidarity towards our nation and defintely our cammondoes made us proud though we had to lose some of them in the process.

Mals, do not have any doubts.... you are a tigress and by roaring you have brought all our ilites here. Though we are miles apart, we have been glued to Mumbai day in and day out. These are the times we have time and gain proved our Unity in diverstiy. The best example I can give is from our beautiful community called IL.

Kudos dear.... you need this and much more.

My sweet :kiss to you dear. Please take care of yourself dear.

5. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mods,

Joining in here to applaud the gigantic efforts of our dear buddy Malspie
    for her briiliant reporting of the tragic events in Mumbai with timely updates and analysis and a lot of investigative journalism on the side.
    We all have access to the TV no doubt , but then that makes us only silent spectators .
    Malspie's coverage gave us all an opportunity to discuss and share our fears and
    thoughts with each other even as the disastrous events unfolded before our eyes.
    The graphic pictures that came along at each turn of events etched it forever in our memory.
    Her thread shook us all from a sense of complacency as we sat ensconsed in our cosy homes and made us grieve for those who lost their lives as victims to terrorism and made us salute those bravehearts who died in the line of duty.
    We felt a sense of kinship with all in Mumbai and our patriotic feelings were aroused
    as we read all about the henious criminal manner in which the whole operation was planned.
    The questions she has asked have made us all ponder about the future of our country and what succeeding generations will inherit as their legacy from us if we do not work to alter it.
    Thank you Malspie , we are proud of you .:thumbsup

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    Dear Lalitha,

You have not only come forward and supported Sridhar in the nomination but have also given your valuable and authentic contribution of news updates in the thread.

I would like to thank you for your selfless support and love.

At such times, you come to know, how many friends you have in your life!

You have walked in not because you supported the nomination, but for your support to roar with me like a tigress against terrorism in India.

Mals salutes you too!
    [/JUSTIFY]

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

Thank you for this well deserved nomination of Malspie's 'virtual broadcast' of the tragic incidents still taking place in Mumbai.
    We have all been witness to the energy that Malspie now symbolizes, what with her running commentary on cricket, her updates on the latest on TV and oh so many many other current and prevalent topics of our times.
    Although all of us have enough media sources which bring us the latest on situation, Malspie's thread here was our own personal chat room in times of distress and disbelief at what was happening in our own home, India. A place to share our sadness, vent our emotions and exchange words of consolation and concern.
    Thanks Mals..

L, Kamla

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha Shivaguru and Paulina,

Thanks for nominating Malspie's thread on the present terror times of Mumbai. Like you, I too was checking on her postings inspite of having the TV on constantly. This has been like our own family room where we ran to at times of helplessness. Here, we could vent our frustrations at not being able to do anything and at the same time think of what could be done..
    L, Kamla

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    My Dear Pauli,

I started the thread with full awareness of everyone's access to television and other medium of reading the news!

The question of the hour is not watching or reading and discussing it in our rooms!

I wondered about the hundred of I'Lites who have left the country to stay abroad and the fear that must have engulfed their mind after the news of terrorist attack on their country!

The thought of having a support system at your motherland, gives one the courage to stay away from their country.

If god forbidden. any untoward incidents splurge around their stay, they know they can pack their bags and return to their motherland.

On 26th Nov, 2008, this hope was shattered and the fear had gripped not only of the people of India staying here but millions of Indians who have left the country in search of bread!

The news update was for them, was for those who are desperately waiting to know what is happening back in their Bharat / India.

I tried my best to post only the news that was confirmed and authenticated by the Head of the Commandos.

Pauli, I always take you as a very esteemed writer of Indusladies .com who is a master in framing the words in to sentences!

You should have been a journalist in one of the leading newspapers or Editor of the best Magazines!

Thanks for supporting my thread!

[/JUSTIFY]

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malspie,

Loved your reply posts here to Varalotti, Lalitha and finally to Paulina.
    You are doing a great job gal.
    My regards to you.:clap

L, Kamla

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.