Finest Post Winner - June 2023

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

"Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home."
    ~ Anna Quindlen.

I recall with fondness the teachers and neighbor uncles who introduced us to books from the Bancroft Classics such as Little Women, Heidi, Kidnapped and Oliver Twist. Then there was the teacher who brought old copies of the National Geographic to class. And, the cool English teachers who let us read Mills & Boon in class if we finished work early.

There are books that we read many times in life, each time a new interpretation, and a new reading. Sometimes, this life-long connection with a book comes from unexpected encounters that leave a lasting impression on us and we remember long after the journey with them ends.

Yes, the Winner of the Finest Post Award is @HariLakhera for the snippet:

Introduction To Geeta

The snippet was for me a reminder of the power of curiosity and a testament to the human desire for spiritual growth:
    "Even after some 40 years of effort, I cannot claim I have understood even one percent of it."​

This award for one of IL’s most prolific writers has been long pending. Thank you Lakhera ji for the thought-provoking snippets you write on a consistent basis, each that makes us pause and think. Like I’ve often said, even if I don’t respond in your snippet, I definitely spend quite some time thinking about the question you raise as well as reading the discussion between you and others.

Thank you @iyerviji, @Thyagarajan, @gamma50g, @hrastro for the nominations.

Seeing the nominations cross the 20 mark was amazing! @iyerviji :worship2::worship2: :kissingheart:

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@HariLakhera Sir,

Congratulations on winning the finest post of June 2023. This post of yours deserves it so much for how practically you presented your thoughts including the thought that more we spend time with Geeta, more we understand it. It is a life-long exercise and not a like a novel we read and forget about it. It is a life lesson as to how we can make our life better.

@Rihana,

Both your announcement and selection made me feel happy. In fact, there is an anticipation in my mind about your announcement every month. It is amazing how you meet the expectation every month by doing better and better. You are not going to play the game of setting expectations lower, are you?

HariLakhera, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Heartiest Congratulations, sir!

HariLakhera, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@HariLakhera
    Hearty congratulations Sir.
    You have been a jewel in our community ever since you made your entry into it. :blush:

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

My Dear @HariLakhera, congratulations for getting the award a couple of hours ago for your snippet on Geeta aka Gita. I must say it is hard one as there seemed to have been tough competition as there were as many as twenty nominations.
    @Rihana - prefixing a very apt quote "Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home." Is super good and novel way of hinting what would eventually come in announcement as FP of the month june,'23. It must have been a tough selection task compared to other months FP. You hv seeved and saved the very best . Kudos to you.

7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  8. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Mam,
    I am honored. I try to give words to what I see, observe, and experience. Most of the time, it is difficult to find the right word.
    Gita is our sacred book and more than that answers most of our questions.
    Thanks again.

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  9. HariLakhera

Dear Shri Viswa,
    Thanks a lot. Yes, the more we spend time with Geeta, the more we understand.

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  10. HariLakhera

Many thanks.

Rihana likes this.