Finest Post Winner - February 2024

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

If the household were a garden, then indeed, the Indian DIL is often the sole maali. Not just any Ramu Kaka kind of maali, but a maestro of horticultural diplomacy. With one hand on the watering can and the other on the pruning shears, she has to orchestrate a symphony of growth and harmony.

It’s a delicate dance that she has to perform with the fertilizer of conversation, adjusting its acidity like a culinary expert fine-tuning her recipe. Often, she has to plant seeds of common sense, ensuring they take root amidst the chaos. And then, with the finesse of a seasoned Eastern European diplomat, she deftly plucks out the pesky weeds of misunderstanding and miscommunication. All this needs to be executed with grace, composure and a near-constant smile.

A tough task by any measure but there is help and hope –

The Winner of the Finest Post Award is @DDream for her response in:
    Should One Change For Others?

@DDream's eloquent blend of modern concepts such as boundaries and self-respect, seamlessly woven with the traditional nuances of the Indian joint family, is a testament to her insightful perspective. And, this is evident in pretty much all her posts in IL.

Congratulations @DDream on the FP award. Wishing you a speedy return to complete normalcy. This past year has undoubtedly posed significant challenges for you. The fact that you managed to write the winning post amidst such difficulties adds an extra layer of commendation to your contribution.

Thank you @Thyagarajan for bringing this fine post to FP. I trust you are happy with beholding your name in pink box. A well-deserved pink-boxing, if I may say so. :hello:

Thank you all for the nominations. It was a pleasure to read through all of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2024
    iyerviji, DDream, Anisu and 4 others like this.

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@DDream
    Hearty congratulations DDream!
    We have honored ourselves by selecting your post for FP Award this month!
    I often dream of writing like DDream but it has remained only a pipe dream!
    You are awesome!

DDream, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Thyagarajan
    My dear Thyagu
    I am so happy that you are back with a bang after an unexplainable hiatus of few moths! This winning nomination of yours heralds a great new beginning of your contribution to IL.
    Welcome back, my dear brother!

DDream, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@DDream

Congratulations on winning the finest post for the month of February 2024. @Thyagarajan Sir congratulations for nominating the winning post.

DDream and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Dear R
    I am rummaging through my tottered Readers Digest's Word Finder for a suitable word to pay my tribute to the way you announce the winner of FP award.
    I give up Rihana! There is no word to do that successfully.

DDream and Rihana like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

@DDream i am glad i nominated your response no sooner i had read it. You are born psychologist ans looks most experienced of the mundane world . Your replies or and responses are to be not read but studied. Congratulations to you for winning the February Fine Post Award.

Indeed.

I endorse here.

I feel boxed! Thank you to get me boxed in pink.

As lomg as it is not reverie it is ok to have pipe dreams. One day other it will push the dream out of pipes to see light of the day and some member would high light it and bring it to limelight and spotlight.
    I hd never used one. Google shows thesaurus. I get to see corresponding tMil meaning too. So many web sites for synonyms and antonyms both english & tamil.
    A huge thanks to you sir. I think that hiatus revitalised me in catching up not only with backlog here and elsewhere but refreshed me and i find more composed after a difficult phase to tide over.
    I will continue to be participative and responsive and of course motivating wherever it is due.
    Regards.

Rihana, DDream and Cheeniya like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thanks about that name in pink being boxed.
    I hazard a guess that at around 8 am IST you were in a garden that impelled to connect garden Mali vs DIL in your announcement of FP Award.

Rihana and DDream like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rihana, DDream and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thanks to madam sister @iyerviji .
    I am tad sorry that after a long time her nomination did not turn fine FP for outgoing mo gh feb 24.
    It was a pleasure to see everytime one of your nominated posts declared the fine post and got priceless award .
    I get to know from your responses elsewhere that you are progressing well from recent hiccups and back on rails to your routines that includes pooja plucking flowers and browsing IL & facebook.
    Regards. God Bless

Rihana, DDream and iyerviji like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks. I have not started going out and plucking flowers. Having varicose veins problem. There is pain in the legs sometimes.
    Blood clot in the legs. My daughter puts bandage. I am happy that your nominated post got award.

Rihana, DDream and Thyagarajan like this.