Finest Post -October 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs ChitVish,

Thank you for nominating, beyond that thank you for nominating a piece that looks so innocuous and humourous but holds in it many lessons of life. Cheeniyasir's gem, a post on Yam and CG teaches us yet again how to take certain things lightly and how to live life to the hilt. Truly a post worth reading and nominating.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vandhana,

While I was swirling my nunchak, and practicing my eye ball to eye ball technique as befitting my status as the bad cop, I saw not one but three worthy nominations from you.

Thank you. First, I must appreciate that you have read extensively into all the posts. I had not seen any of these till I saw the nominations here. And what splendid pieces of writing! Vanaja, Shanvy and Malspie are all members who are blessed writers. They have style and substance and something new to teach in every post.

I like it when our lives are made thus difficult.

ILItes, like God, you know what I want. Grant it, please--

regards
    V 24

3. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

Thank you very much for nominating my post "language of heart". I want this post to get into minds and hearts of all our members than getting a title "best post". Though I am able to receive only few replies, they were wonderful. And hope more members get to read this through your nomination. Thanks a lot.

regards,

Vanaja

4. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya,

Thank you for your words of appreciation.

regards,

Vanaja

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I wpould like to nominate Anand chitra's Do not litter.I really enjoyed it.It bought me realities of life.

Don't litter by Anandchitra

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  6. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

I wish to nominate

"Language of heart" by my friend SRINIVASAN VANAJA

latamurali

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2007
  7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Kanaka,

Thank you for posting a delightful nomination. Anandachitra has made her mark with her witty and wise posts. This one is another great piece. Thank you.

regards
    Vidya

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Latamurali,

And another nomination for Vanaja's LAnguage of the Heart! A language we can never tire of reading or hearing. Thank you for posting this nomination, I think yours is the second for this wonderful piece.

regards
    V24

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites
    I wish to nominate Anandchitra's post
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/13970-i-too-made-a-list.html
    for October 2007.
    AC has so subtley brought out the importance of family bonding through a unique narrative style. I have myself seen how some women, in the name of keeping everything spic and span, get hysterical if any member of the family messes up even a wee bit! Sometimes such obssession with cleanliness would even make you feel that you are in a strange place where you have to be at your best behaviour all the time!
    Even if we take a holiday in a 5-Star hotel, we come back home and say with a happy sigh, 'Home at last!' Our homes may be real messy all the time but that's where we are happy to get back at the end of the day!
    AC has brought this out so subtley and so well in her post,
    'I too made a list!'
    Sri

10. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

I too would like to nominate Anandchitra's post 'I too made a list' as mentioned by Cheeniya, sir. It brings out the importance of family being together.

I also would like to nominate Sriniketan's post in 'Snippets of life', 'Guess where in world is this place'. She has hilariously brought out the scenario in many house holds. In this modern world of fast and hectic life, places like the dining table tend to get crowded with essential things none of them can be disposed of. I have given the link below.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/13876-guess-where-in-world-place.html#post153570