Finest Post - November 2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Thank you for enabling us to make the Finest Posts Forum a success. As things go in IL, each and every forum in dependent on all of you for their continued existence and sustenance. This is most true in the case of Finest Posts. It is the nominations you make that give us a splendid list to read and choose the winner from. It is the nominations you make that appreciate the writers who feel motivated to post more and more often in the different forums. Finest Posts is one of the threads with maximum beneficiary participation content, if I may use some development jargon.

We welcome nominations of any kind from any forum. The Trinity of IL- Mrs ChitVish, Cheeniya sir and Varalotti Rengasamy have graciously asked that their posts should not be considered for the contest. But we remind you that their posts are most open for nominations. We always have much to glean from their thoughts and words, so spread their wisdom round by nominating their works.

We in IL are blessed that we have many multi-facted writers among us. Remember, to be a nomination in FP or even to the Finest Post itself, there are no subjective rules. (The rules and guidelines apply, we are talking about the qualitative content here). A post that you like may not be perfect in language or syntax, but may have a useful message, valuable information to share. A post may be trivial in substance, but the style of narration may keep you glued to it. So, just go by the sheer, simple rule,

'I read, I like, I nominate'!

We also find that most nominations are from Snippets. That is most welcome and acceptable. Remember that IL is a forum bigger than the sum of all her parts. And her parts include many forums that have precious articles and thoughts. Spread your reading to all forums and pick the choicest.

Looking forward to being with all of you in this month of November!

regards
    Kamla & Vidya24

2. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamla/Vidya

This month I would like to nominate an old post by varalotti sir. The leader post and the subsequent posts gives out a healthy discussion. The thread is
    Marriage and Emotional Needs- A Reverse Example

The second one is Malspie's constant stare what did ti mean. I liked her narration style and also the cute girle. She really has a talent to express the situation which takes us to those place as if it is really happening in front of us.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...-constant-stare-what-did-mean.html#post169220

regards
    Vidhi

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

Thank you for kick starting the November nominations with two meaningful ones. The Constant stare by Malspie, as usual, has her frank style on it. Glad to see a post by Varalotti Rengasamy, being nominated. The leader post and the whole thread challenge us to rethink the concept of the institution of marriage as it is now.

regards

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,

I join Vidya in thanking you for your nominations. You seem to have the knack of spotting good posts and have always been a regular here. We look forward to such support.

L, Kamla

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vidhi,

Every time I see my post being nominated I say a thanks to my parents for encouraging me to develop my hobby. Vidhi, thanks a ton buddy for nourishing post with nomination.

Dear Vidya and Kamla,
    Its really a tough job to nominate and more tougher to declare the winner. One job is already done and the second job for the month has started for both of you. Keep doing good as usual. I am touched to see my posts nominated month after month without fail from the time I have joined IL. This only encourages me to write more...

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,

Is there any wonder that your posts get nominated here constantly?! You touch everyone's heart with your writings. The one about nursing the mother always lingers in my thoughts. You have joined our star writers here, no doubt. The impact of your writings is not lost on anyone, mark my word.
    I just wanted to say these words to you. :)

L, Kamla

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Malspie,

Thank you for posting in FP. This is not a tough job, it is a enjoyable job. And the steam that enables us to do this is the continued stream of good nominations from our ILites. We do very little, the ILites who nominate do all the work of appreciating and choosing.

I am glad that you feel touched when your post is nominated. Please do spread similar good cheer for someone else by nominating a post yourself.

regards

8. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to nominate "Pawprints in My Heart" written by her daughter and brought to us by Sriniketan. It really depicts the fellings of a teenager for the pet and how she moves forward on loosing it. It was heartwarming.

Here, If it is not asking for too much can you please let me know how to link it. Sorry I couldnt. Thanks...

Pawprints in My Heart

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vysan,

Thank you for nominating the post that touched your heart.

To attach a link to the post is very simple, really. You just cut and paste the url of the page. Copy the url of the page on which the write up appears and paste it into your post and click return once. Done. But there is a better explanation by our Induslady. Let me search it for you.
    No problem sir, it is our pleasure to be of help.

L, Kamla

10. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi V and K,

I second Vysan's nomination for " paw Prints in my heart.

Veda sir,

As Kamla pointed out, you can do a cut and paste job of the URL . or the more elegant way of doing it is as follows:
    1. Copy the URL from the address bar.
    2. In your post reply text box you will see an icon shown below
    [​IMG]

Click on that and then , paste the URL in the box that appears.
    And viola, you have just managed to link to the thread/post .

Hope this helps
    Vandhana