Finest Post - June Winner

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL’ites,

Once again you have our this Month’s winner of the Finest Post in front of you. Those who have missed reading it till now, go ahead and do so and spread the word amongst the young ones of your family and friend’s . These words are meant for them and of course for us who have the responsibility to raise a healthy youth in whose hands our future world lies.
    I am sure that all of you realize how hard a task it is to choose just one post and nominate it as the best. I am sure that all may not agree with the winner as some might have their own favorites and feel it was more deserving. But I am sure that we can all agree now that a nomination here is a win in itself !
    We are in the process of indexing all the nominated posts for a quick access and visibility. Please enjoy reading them all. As Malathijagan has rightfully mentioned elsewhere in IL, Indusladies is indeed a treasure trove, the more you dig, the more you find!
    So, let’s now get busy with the next month’s posts and nominations.
    Have a good day!

L, Kamla

3 people like this.
  2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear malathi,
    Congratulations on winning the prize for june.your poem did deserve a pride of place.
    Regards,
    Meenu

1 person likes this.
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Malathijagan- Congrats once again! As Kamla said, Painter Par excellence was nudging out What if the roses---. So, you are a winner either way. Really gracious that you want to stay away the contest. Don't cut yourself out for all times, maybe a month or two is enough. Keep posting.

Kamla- Bask off! You deserve all accolades for your writing.

Varalotti- That was one cute post to me, I am going to rise above my usual skeptical,grouchy self and believe your words for once. I must ask Induslady to announce a new contest between you and Cheeniya- who can charm ILites faster off their feet!! Also FYI, since we now have an index, a nomination made once gets sticky forever and ever and a day more!

2 people like this.
  4. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Malathy

My hearty congratulations on winning the prize for June. That was a great lines from you which has to be imprinted in the minds of the youth of today.

regards
    vidhi

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear malathi,
    i could congratulate you with another of his paintings, there are many of his paintings like how u describe, but to bring all together is a great feat in itself, keep writing more and more, u inspire the imagination of many of us here...regards sunkan

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya and the ILite team,
    Thank you all for letting all the tlented ladies to bring fourth their outstanding talents thro' IL. I am happy to know that Malathi's poem was adjudged as the winning post for the month of June. I would like to quote Malathi's words,
    "No money or material can fetch as much happiness as that of recognition and acceptance from society."
    I also want to quote Thiruvalluvar's kural, "Makan thanthaik kaRRU nanRi ivan thanthai ennoRRaan kol enum sol." I do hope that you all would agree with me. Parents will definitely feel elated when the wards get accolades from society. Previously she used to show her poems only to me. Now I am happy that Thro IL her talent is exposed to outside world. I also want to share one more happy account that I got mail from my dil from US that she was the winner of potluck competition in her office, but as she was in the organising committee she had given it to the next best one.
    Once again thank you all,
    With love and regards,
    Pushpavalli

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Thak you Tamil! But I still feel there were a lot more people who deserved more than me, to be nominated for the finest post.

8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi
    I normally spend two hours on IL between 7 and 9 PM and I somehow overlooked the announcement declaring you as the Winner for June. Please accept my belated congratulations.

The way you are going about it, winning this coveted recognition must be becoming a routine for you! Like the Australian cricket team winning matches. I am told that this cricket team as well as the tennis celebrity Roger Federer are really feeling lonely at the top. You too get used to feeling lonely at the top, dear Malathi!
    Sri

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Congratulations, Malathy!

Thankyou Sridhar! With such great mentors and writers as you , Kamla, Cheeniya, Chithra and Vidya alwyys motivating me, I am sure my writing skills will improve.
    as your friend and a fellow ILite caution you, that a talent implies a great responsibility. This responsibility is two fold. First it to use the talent for good purposes, which I am sure, you will definitely do, given your system of values. But the more important aspect of that responsibility to put that talent to constant use.
    In those days we will fight with the bank to get a cash credit or an overdraft limit, a kind of borrowing for business. At the end of the year if we do not use the limit, the extent to which we do not use, will be automatically cut off by the banks. Or they would levy a commitment charge on the unutilised limits.
    Remember God also operates on a similar system. So keep on writing. That is some thing you owe to your Maker for bestowing you with this kind of talent.

The above quote shows your affection and concern for me. The example is very apt. I am sure, under all your guidance and care, I will put my talent to good use.
    Thank you a lot, not for having nominated my post, but for including me in the fold of your friends. It is very difficult to find such good and caring friends, that too without having seen or met each other!
    I still feel that quite a lot of posts nominated needed to be considered for the finest post rather than mine.Any way, I respect the decision of the Juries!

1 person likes this.
  10. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi malathy,
    congratulations on winning the competetion!!!!
    regards
    pavithra:2thumbsup:

2 people like this.