Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I would like to nominate Cheeniya sir's post-"Feeling like a worm" for June.It was a very touching episode where some young men and women were having a merry time at the expense of a poor beggar's risk to life. Its very sad when we come across such sights and more saddening when we are silent spectators to such cruel perversive behaviour. The way Cheeniya has narrated the incident really melts the heart.

2. Malathijagan

Yet another fine writing from Ambika Ananth (One more middle of mine friends....) which is worth nominating. The words-"The crushing injustice is, at the pre-natal stage they shared her blood and womb....."tears our heart apart.What a beautiful way of expressing! Everyone of us Ilites must read this piece.

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Malathi(jagan),

Maybe it is the poet in you, the two posts that you have nominated are sheer poetry in prose. Both Cheeniya sir and Ambika have shown us with their words the rare humane quality- the milk of human kindness which is rare to find these days.

Both these are sterling pieces that should be read by one and all.

We are very happy to accept Cheeniya's piece, though he has repeatedly mentioned that his posts should not be considered for prizes.

It is also very nice to receive the nomination for Ambika's post. We will check again if her post was published in a newspaper before it was posted in IL. If that is the case, we will not be able to consider it for the contest. We welcome the nomination of this splendid post, anyways.

Please continue to nominate any such post that you find worthy. There is no doubt that both posts by Cheeniya and Ambika should be preserved and read by all.

3 people like this.
  4. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

Very happy to see you back with another fine nomination. 'What to pray for?' by Pooja is a soulful post - one that made many members come out with heartfelt replies. By nominating this post, you have rekindled attention to this splendid piece of writing. Thanks a million,Vidhi.

1 person likes this.
  6. Malathijagan

I would like to reccomend Abishek's poem Untainted for June's nomination. He has written this poem with the maturity of an adult.

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hats Off To You Malathy! I read and enjoyed the poem. How it did not strike me to nominate that for the finest post, I still wonder.
    I take immense pride in wholeheartedly seconding Malathy's nomination of Abishek's Poem Untainted.
    regards,

1 person likes this.
  8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

God has blessed me in a strange way. Though I may not be able to write better, I now see that I can inspire some of the finest posts of IL. Vidya's response in my thread Provoked By Cheeniya.. is an example I would love to quote till eternity and nominate every time.

And then came Kamla who in response to my question whether SHE 8 was salacious or not, came out with her brilliant exposition on the present state of morality and the difference between the East and West when it comes to morality. Her clearing my writings is a kind of achievement for me. For she never hesitates to call a spade a spade. (If you have any doubts, please read her response to SHE 9). When such a fearless woman talks on morality then it is definitely worth reading.

And the latest to join the list is Manju Reddy with her beautiful response to my "Your Religion..." thread. Quoting from great sources, the Nayanmars, ancient sanskrit slokas, she has elucidated the concept of the religion of love.

The sloka she has quoted is worth mentioning here again
    "Atma Tvam, Girija Matihi, Sahacharaa Pranaah, Sariram griham.
    Pooja they vishyopabhoga rachana , nidraa samadhi sthitihi
    Sancharah padayo pradakshina vidhihi, Stothraani sarva giro
    Yad yad karma karomi tat tadakilam
    Shambho tava aradhanam"
    ( The soul is You, the intellect is your consort, the vital airs are companions, the body the house. All pleasures enjoyed are your pooja, samadhi is sleep. the steps i walk is your Pradakshinam, every word i utter, your hymns, what ever i do in this world is your Worship")

And the following words, I would love to see them on the Bible of any religion that preaches love.

I have my own Religion, my own God whose hand is always on my shoulder. I have resigned as the manager of my life . It feels good to lean back, relax and let my Shiva take care of everything.

I nominate her reply to my post as the finest post of IL for the month of June, 2007.

Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...r-religion-money-lamentations-accountant.html

regards,

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  9. mythili

mythili Senior IL'ite

1 person likes this.