Finest Post - August2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

You IL'ites are now 'old hands' at this game!! Yes...I mean the nominating of Finest Post of the Month game:)

We have stepped into August and we await the 'august' (pun intended!!) nominations for this month from all of you.

I am more than aware of personal constraints on our valuable time and every word you print here is a proof of your commitment to this forum as you spare some of those valuable minutes to spend here. Please make them useful and nominate your favorite posts here, old or new. Let us all enjoy them and come out with a winner at the end of the month.

Thank you.

L, Kamla

2. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I want to nominate 'Giving, loving and living' by Ambika Ananth.

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathi for the very first nomination in the month of August.

L, Kamla

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

I am always impressed with all your FP nominations. You have been a regular contributor to this thread. You seem to select very good posts from both past and present and the added bonus being that all of us get to read them...on your recommendation!
    However, it would be very helpful to one and all if you can also provide a link to the post whenever you select one. This will be our request to everyone who nominate a post for FP . With a link, the whole article is then just a click away.
    Link to Ambika Ananth's post is:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a...ian-writers/288-giving-loving-and-living.html

Below is a link to a step by step instruction to provide a link to an existing thread.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/faqs/1369-how-do-i-create-link.html

Thanks once again.

L, Kamla

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

I liked and nominate Naazneen's post " After 35 years and turning from age 25 to 60 is India still your home country ?"
    Naazneen's heartfelt outpouring brings out the angst and heartache of displacement and alienation that we generally see in the novels of writers like Chitra Bannerjee Divakaruni , Jhumpa Lahiri etc.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/new-member-area/9835-after-35-years-turning-age.html#post95561

(BTW, the FBs to this lead post also make engrossing reading where we see members enthusiastically trying to rebuild a lost thread. The camaraderie and goodwill exhibited here showcase IL's stated commitment of "helping....sharing....and building authentic and enduring friendships. " Kudos to IL !)

rgds
    manjula

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Manju(reddy),

Thank you for validating yet again , IL's commitement to fostering and restoring relationships, comraderie and friendship. And thank you for nominating a thoughtful and meaningful post by Nazneen. She has raised very valid points facing not just NRIs.

Keep em coming, the nominations I mean---

7. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A worthy nomination Monsi, thanks. Another thanks for bringing my attention to this wonderful post, enjoyed reading it.

L, Kamla

9. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

I read these posts by Malspie after seeing your nomination, they are both worth reading and re reading. Thank you fo the nominations and for your continued support to this forum.

regards