1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finding God Within!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jun 9, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi friends!
    When I was in school, we had hindi as our second language. We studied a few of those verses by the then saints like Kabeerdasji, Rahim, Surdas, Mirabai and all. Though I don’t remember exactly who wrote this verse, “Mo ko kahan Dhoonde re Bande, main to tere paas re!” meaning, Where are you searching for me my friend, I am always with u.
    Yes friends, we always see people running to have a glimpse of God here and there, In religious places, they go; spends hours together, perform various rituals, keep fasts and all. But no avail! They are still not able to get God or say attract him towards them.
    I always wondered, these people who call themselves religious, don’t respect human beings, many a times indulge in bad mouthing about others, behave selfishly and are so shameless and materialistic that they don’t mind cracking a deal with God too. If everything happens as per their own plans; good enough or else they don’t shy away from abusing even God! When quite young, all this used to go bouncers over me but later I started to learn the actual, deep meaning of all this. And slowly- slowly as I started climbing up the steps of spiritual ladder, I realized, it’s all in vain.
    There no need to indulge in any show business. Gods wants only pure love from all of us. He doesn’t ever ask for any fasts, sacrifices and all, what he asks for is genuine, unconditional love. He wants to treat everybody with a respect because for him; everybody is same. Cast, creed, religion, language, eating habits, economic and social backgrounds are of no concern for him.
    The day we come out of all these criteria of our superficial lives, we are sure to get him. He is nowhere else; he resides within our body, within our soul. I am not against of going to religious places and performing rituals at all. Please don’t misunderstand me; but what I wanna emphasize here is that instead of just making a mockery of yourself and living in a dreamland that by doing so, you are going to get God; instead look for God within, in every creature, in the surrounding world, in things around and yes, in your work and in your behavior too. See him in everything and very soon you’ll realize that yes, he’s within you, with you all your life!
    Regs J

2. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

I agree to all your points here anu dear..
    Religion or ritual has become a routine and not a tendency to help or treat equally the fellow human beings..Religion sometimes has more restrictions by just holding some one or two words from any holy book...They misinterpret or misguide the people...
    I only believe in my conscience I am not bothered about others...
    I always check wheather my relationship with God is proper or not...And also take into account the worldy parents that God has given me and obey them...And try to help others as much as I can but only excusing if that leads to trouble..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Very true dear prettina!well said.religion is nothing but to get closer to God by serving the needy,poor and respecting fellow human beings.cheers-anu:)

4. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Anukarsha

I agree with what you written but at the same time its is not just black and white.

Most of our struggle is with our own mind and sense organds. It is very difficult to obtain control over them.

These rituals like fasting, praying etc are there to deviate mind from petty issues and also to bring more self control. Through the ages the significance of these things have been lost since our ancestors didnot communicate to us the real meaning behind doing all these things.

The things that you have mentioned like loving everyone, being honest and humble are all very simple but require great control over mind and body. Meanwhile we need to overcome the EGO as well.

So I feel people will be at different stages of spiritual ladder. If you teach a 10th std syllabus to 1st std fellow he will not understand anything out of it nor will he have the maturity to take it.

As you mentioned you have grown up the spiritual ladder now, but people who are blindly following rituals are still at the first step.

Every one has to go through each class to progress..............

So I would say everyone is right at their point.......

Sorry for the long reply..........

regards
    Shobha

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Dear shobha! thanks for your elaborate reply!please don't say sorry, i appreciate the way you have put forward your views.that's true that we all have to go step by step up the ladder.what i've written here is about pretence.I also follow all rituals,observe fasts and do what is required for a particular ritual.But i am strongly against any show-business.One has to put in repeated efforts to get evolved and the desire must come from within.And yes, we got to get rid of many vices like ego,anger,revenge,hurt and many more.anyway,thanks once again.please keep reading my space and sending insights.cheers-anu:)

6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Like we live in the houses we build, God lives inside his own creation doesn't he? You are so right. To feel his existence is another matter of course. Few amongst us are lucky enough to feel him. But we can always hope.

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear ojaantrik for your feedback.very well said, he surely lives within us and we can feel his presence if we make conscious efforts.cheers-anu:)