Find Indians in Egypt

Discussion in 'Africa & Middle East - Other Areas' started by meenueash, Oct 30, 2011.

1. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

Hello every one:bonk Basically iam south indian. i would like to move egypt.Planned to stay in Alraheb city, cairo. Any one plz help me to know following details.

How can i get indian grocieries there. how can i communicate indians there?

How is the city. is there safe to stay there. As much i heard they know only

Arabic. Its that possible to stay without knowing arabic.I am little trouble. i

eagerly expect ur answers....Thank u:hide:......

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Meenu
    Welcome to Egypt. To tell you the truth In my last 4+ years I have no idea where this city comes. Do let me know where this city comes. And your other queries do go through http://www.indusladies.com/forums/africa-middle-east-other-areas/13429-indians-in-egypt.html and http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a...3-newcomer-egypt-information-about-egypt.html you will get all the information.
    And you wish to learn Arabic you can go through http://www.indusladies.com/forums/a.../75871-you-want-learning-arabic-language.html
    You have any further queries you are most welcome to ask me here and will be answered.
    Don't forget to get warm clothes as you will be coming in december and it is peak winter here.

3. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Hello Aruna,
    I always have fascination for this country and specially for Cairo dont know why I have read lot of books so may be that is one reason. Can you describe more about Cairo and what will be the expence if I am going for one week visit how are the hotels and everything. If you can guide me I can plan a tour to Ezypt.

4. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

hello aruna,
    thanxs for sharing links.it is Al rehab city in cairo. it is located opposite Airport. it 20 km far from cairo. oil we can carry from here? dried powders we can carry know? u got my pm?

5. Arunarc

Hello Pranatim
    You should read these
    Egypt - The land of Pyramids
    My trip to Egypt last month..
    Egypt, the land of pyramids, mummies and much more....!
    where you will get to know about egypt.
    I will advice you to come on package tours which will be very reasonable and the agent will guide you quite well. In case you will come individually you will find many of them cheating you around from hotels to site seeing. Package tours from India is very cheap.
    Have further queries feel free to ask.

6. Arunarc

Oh ok I think it is the new city that has come up. I doubt if there are many Indians there. You can carry oil but you should be ready to give it when they catch you with it. As you get coconut oil here do you want this for hair or for cooking??
    Yes you can carry dried powders and have replied to your PM too.
    Where does your husband work??