1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally Moved out.. </3 :(

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by desigirl25, Nov 6, 2013.

1. desigirl25

desigirl25 Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

As you guys might know from my previous posts I have had a very troubled marriage since the day I got married (and before). My husband was of very suspicious nature and would believe everyone but me. My inlaws had expectations of me to work full time and act like a traditional indian bahu in evenings and weeknds..I could not meet their expectations and hence this resulted in a very bad relationship with inlaws and then husband. After we moved out of joint family my husband slowly started spending all weekends playing cricket or visiting his family...i would be left alone most weekends since May this year (we only moved into our own place in early April).

Anyways..the day before diwali my husband had already planned to go to his parents house after doing puja in our house (alone as I have bee uninvited in their house for few months) ..but he decided that he wanted to go there early morning and not celebrate diwali with me at all (the week before this he spent 2 days at his parents on his birthday as he did not want to celebrate his birthday with me). I got really upset that he was not going to spend diwali with me at all...and one thing led to another and we ended up having a very big fight which involved him blaming everything bad in our marriage on me and me on him and his dad. I cancelled the dinner plans with my parents (on choti diwali) and he ended up taking most of his stuff and going to his parents place saying he will b back on the day after diwali when we had been invited over by my other relatives.... i didnt ask when he left. Diwali went by and he didnt even call to wish me and instead messages me day after to ask what time to pick me up for my relatives place. I didnt reply and have moved all my stuff to my parents place.

I know my relationship is damaged beyond repair. 2 days have gone by since he messaged and he doesn't even have a care in the world if i am alive or dead or where i am. He has no attachment or bond to me and it makes my heart break because I really loved him so much and tried to pamper him all the time. When I am at work and alone sometimes i feeel so scared and alone i want to call him and plead him to come back home and fix everything. But he will never let go of the past, puts his parents as first priority although before marriage he hardly had any relation with them, always tries to do something to stay busy and away from me..doesnt want to involve me in any part of his life, and even when at home he wants to watch tv or cricket and get so lost in it and have nothing to do with me. If i even speak a few words it bothers him as if i am ''disturbing'' him. I know I can't force him to love me. He used to love me so much (or said so) but the past issue and his parents have destroyed everything as well as my aggressive behaviour in response to the way he and his parents treated me.

It is so hard to move on..it has only been 4 days since I haven't seen him but I wish to see him and everything be ok...but i know he does not have a single care in the world for me. He married under pressure from his dad and under the wrong belief he loved me. I feel so sad and heartbroken :( I wish i could tell him how much i love him fix everything but way too much damage is done and he has absolutely no feelings for me. :( My mom has been trying to support me so much but I don't know how to make my self feel better and make sure i dont call him in a moment of weakness. :(

2. varah

varah Silver IL'ite

Dear Desigirl,

Pack your bags again and go to YOUR place. Convince your husband to come to HIS home. You say you still love him, so why do you want to hurt yourself and stay where you don't belong to. I see a red flag that if you don't take steps now, it may be too late later considering the influence of his parents on him. After you both get bak home, slowly sort out the problems you have with your H first and don't talk ill about your In-laws to him unless they have done utterly bad. This will add fuel to the fire only. Work on saving the marriage. Aggressiveness will take you nowhere. Try to stay calm and talk pleasantly. He will understand the love and feelings you have for him gradually. Try to find common ground on all the matters between you both. Make sure you take care of him well.

2 people like this.
  3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hugs to you, desigirl.

It is a huge step you have taken. I've read your threads in the past and I reread a couple again now. I can see why you took the decision you did. No wonder you feel miserable. May I suggest counselling to keep yourself strong? It might help you evaluate whether you are in love with the person or whether you just are decieving yourself (and understandably) in order to save your marriage.

Since your husband hasn't tried to get in touch with you in these 4 days, I'm tempted to believe his pride/ ego is super huge that it is going to be a severely one sided relationship should you go back. Have you tried marital counselling? He does seem to unfortunately have some deep seated issues and his parents sound like a piece of work. Unless he willingly agrees to work through them, I'm afraid nothing good can come out of this marriage.

Hang in there, sweetheart. We are here should you choose to vent. I hope and pray for your strength to pull yourself together and decide what is best for YOU.

hugs
    G

ps: from your posts I see you have so much to give and have tried really hard to please. Sadly your husband doesn't seem to realize your worth. Which is really a shame. And it's his loss. Please look at it that way...

2 people like this.
  4. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

............:exactly:

5. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

I don't reply to threads very often, but after reading your story DesiGirl i was inclined to. Your story reads similar to mine, but i'm the male in the relationship. My wife had also moved out, after huge fight between her and my parents. I won't get into it, but my parents didn't make the matter easier. They had never really accepted my wife for who she was. And she was not a bad person. My friends made me realise what a good person I had. But I was always listening to my parents.

But whatever you do, please do not go back unless if he comes and gets you. Because if you do, you will fall in the same cycle again. His ego will inflate even more. Let him be a lost cause. You have the whole future ahead of you, you will get over him if need be. Or he will come to his senses and start behaving properly.

If you cave and go back, I guarantee things will not change. He will act the same and force you into a situation that you will really regret. Because then you wont have anyone to turn to. Your own family will not be as supportive as they are now. Take it from my life experience, i learned things the hard way. I'm a lot-lot older than you.

I always browse these forums and I sometimes pity some of you women who are going through such miserable marriages. And I realized my own mistakes that I made, same as some of your husbands.

A sidenote: We always look at marriages in the 'Western Culture' as if they are a joke. However, from my experience i've found, that people in the West divorce more because they KNOW what they want in their life and what they will put up with. If they are in a relationship, they are 100% in that relationship, they do not let anyone before their spouse. Their spouse is #1 for them and they divorce because the 'spouse' breaks that trust but still many try to work it out without involving families. And when they work it out, they are applauded for their efforts by their families and friends. They genuinely believe in 2nd chances and forgiveness.

Whereas in your case, you will be looked at the 'wife who caused a problem'. Because we in the 'East', make matters worse by involving our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters etc to influence our decisions and thus it becomes more of a mess. They will never look or accept you the same way. They will hold their personal grudges with you and keep interfering. Especially them being the boy's family.

You are young, you have a lot going for you. I would suggest you grab a drink of your choice, relax. Treat yourself to a spa, or go on a holiday with your best friend and let 'HIM' be.

Divorce rates in our communities are only low because we stay in miserable marriages for the sake of society...and then what, you live day to day and then you die. Leaving behind countless tears, pain, insults from husbands/in-laws. In the west people have realized 'it doesn't have to be this way'.

You only get one life live the way you want to and not because what they tell you. You have no idea amount of dirt/scandals that are hidden in your parents and relatives past. Don't think that your mother/father or that older respectful aunt/uncle was a saint. Only difference back then was, it was all kept behind closed doors and swept under the rug. The older you get the more you will find out.

At the end we are ALL human, we all go through different stages in life: jealousy, love, hate, anger etc.

Work on yourself and make yourself the #1 priority everything else will fall into place. Seriously, go workout, take a trip, do something you have never tried before. The best revenge in life is to live a happy life. Let your excuse for a husband toil thinking about your past and stay miserable. I guarantee you he is not well, he is miserable. ANd he will carry that misery into his next relationship and next. Until he gets a taste of his own medicine. Dont get sucked into his misery.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    16 people like this.
  6. Prayaanam

Prayaanam New IL'ite

Come down and and think about it after you cooled down.... I'm sure you can make right decision...

7. desigirl25

desigirl25 Senior IL'ite

Thanks everyone for your messages. KP55 I really appreciate having a guys perspective..however I did the worst thing possible. I kept thinking that maybe it was my fault i did not visit his parents on karvachaut or diwali etc..maybe its me who should apologize and so i went back to him. His dad welcomed me to their house when i spoke to him but when I went there both his parents were sitting there with guns ready to shoot and blame every single bad thing (except taking their sons obsession of the past made up in his mind into consideration) and blamed me and my mom dad for everything. Since I broke my ego and went back I stayed silent. I know, understand and agree with every single point you said KP55 but I don't know why I can't leave him..or I start panicing at the thought of being alone :( I am 26, an engineer with a great job and living in Canada...getting a divorce should technically be a small hurdle for me..but I don't knw why something in me believes he will change and that things will get better...

Now you are right I have lost the support of my mom..who ws my number 1 pillar until now. She never wanted me to go back so nw she has told me to think and act on my own depending on his and his familys actions. She has just advised me to keep my ears and eyes open and make sure they are not playing any games. I am so heartbroken that this has all happened so early in my life :( I think my life is ruined and i will never get out of this mess :( I don't have the strength and as I am new to the city i don't have many friends here so when I leave him it makes it harder to stay busy :(

I think now that i hve gone back I should try to make an effort with his family and see if that makes any difference....this is the ultimate last chance i guess......everyone has had enough including my parents and his....and i m so fed up with my life:( I used to be the most happy go lucky girl...with everything going great for me until the day i met him :(

8. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

I hate to break it to you but this is a recipe for disaster. On Nov 6 you posted you moved out and on Nov 15 you are telling us you have moved back. You certainly did not give it enough time.

As you said they were there with their guns ready. Which means, they now have the upper hand. They will continue to interfere. Where was your husband in all of this? Watching this fiasco from the sidelines? Or was he standing beside you taking ownership of his own actions? I bet not.

By you being silent does not make things better. This means you were quiet for now to quickly get back together. But this silence of yours will cost you, because it will tear your insides and create bitterness towards your in-laws and husband as they continue to berate you and you continue to stay silent. You should have defended yourself against false accusations and set things straight from your perspective, there is nothing wrong with that. Even murderers and rapists have lawyers in court defending them.

As you get back to 'normalcy' those same problems will creep back and they will continue to create resentment and bitterness in your heart. In a few years you might not recognize the person in the mirror that you have become. When you have children you might become that 'b!tchy wife' that guys at work talk about, who does not let their kids see her husband's parents or family.

You see your husband as a nice guy. Which he maybe, there are lots of nice guys, but he has to learn from all of this. If he let his parents berate you in front of him, expect that to happen in the future. And if you try to walk away in the future, they will make your life hell. Right now you claim you have no one to turn to. You actually have your parents but later on, they might not be this helpful.

So please tread with caution. I suggest to speak up and let your true feelings be known and set your boundaries with your husband and your in-laws.

Best of luck to you. I know it takes 2 to tango in life. By you being here on these forums it appears you are owning up to your mistakes in the marriage, which is a good thing, but at the same time, the same has to be done from your husband. Once he realises that his parents are also wrong at times, only then you will find some peace.

I know us indian guys are not really good at it. but we are learning. Sometimes it is way too late. I hope your husband using this 'break' as a learning moment. However, I don't see that happening because he never tried to contact you when you were apart and he watched his parents berate you.

Good Luck to you. But every person has their boiling point. If your husband brings up your past one more time, i suggest you really really consider leaving. Or give him a taste of his medicine by just agreeing to whatever nasty thing he says, say "ya i did that and did this, i have sexual organs too and you weren't in my life then, so deal with it or get the f@ck out"

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

desigirl i'm curious did you like my last post because it feels 'true' or you just liked the words in it?

Stay strong, things can only get better. My advice to a lot of you people on this site in similar situations is to keep yourself as priority #1. How can you take care of someone else if you can't take care of yourself first? So stay strong mentally and physically, keep working on yourself and improving yourself.

1 person likes this.
  10. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

irrespective of the location people screw up their relationship. Your obsession about western marriage looks naive, IMO.

1 person likes this.