1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally...... I gave up !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Custard, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Kelly,

:thankyou2: for stopping by. Since you have Harley at home now, I should tell you this valid point. You know, its all the more easier for dog lovers/ dog owners to stop eating meat !!!
    Infact, thats how I changed to a Veg when I was in 7th standard! :yes:

2. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Radhika,

Thanks for your feed back!. If you are a Veg, then I feel one day, You will try to prefer being a Vegan, and I hope that the day is not very far.....!!!

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Radheshyam,

:biglaugh

:biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaugh:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I agree with all you said about thayir satham, I was the same like you once.... Thanks for your feed back!!!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Custard

Accept my congratulations on turning to a vegan diet! Like others have pointed out, I have not even thought about giving up milk or yogurt yet.
    The least that I have done is avoiding processed foods.
    But your post makes me wonder if atleast I can try being a vegan for a week or may be a day at a time!
    Kudos to you!
    P.S. Have you tried soy yogurt and soy ice cream?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  5. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Sundarusha,

Thank you so much :thankyou2:for the feedback! I wish I could try them, but its not available in India.... anyways I'm trying out one after another as I love cooking too. Will try Soy Ice cream soon in our kitchen, but dont think I can try yogurt as it requires some special ingredient !!!
    Cakes turned out very well even with Jaggery, couldn't make out (by others) that it was Jaggery! we have Soya Buttermilk every day. That was ok.....

:yes: why dont you try it for a day and then increase it 2 days.... then may be for a week!!! All the Best. I'm here with you :cheers

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi custard,

congratulations.!wow that is surely something yaar cant really imagine life without milk or curds.:hide: but oh yes ushas sugeestion here is superb shouldnt be difficult to pick up one day a week and be a vegan.somehow i did not like soya milk at all though it is supposed to be healthy.:)

7. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Mindian,

:thankyou2: so much for the comments......

Try Flavoured Soy Milk, thats really good. Chocolate, Mango, Strawberry.....
    Do let me know how it tastes when you try.....

8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Custard
    1st of all Hats off to you for becoming veggie and later vegan. At one point you can become a veggie but without milk it is not possible, you need a strong will to do that. I am a pure non veg person and without it cannot live. But in my family I have a few member who have become veggies including one of my bro he was the one who loved to eat non veg and couldn't survive without it but from last 2 years he has given up non veg and became a pure vetetarian.
    I am week in this matter I cannot live without non veg:)

About the soya milk it is good it will not smell or anything it is tasty I am using that from so many years now. the flavoured one. Natural soya milk has a slight smell even I don't like it much. but in case I don't get flavoured one here sometime I get that, it is ok.

9. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Anurarc,

Nice to see your comments. Its a pleasure to see a Non-Veg person commenting on my post.... Very few Non-Veg persons commented here I think. Of course each feed back is precious to me! I want to motivate everyone.... that my main motive here ;-)

Happy to know that you are using Soya Milk for a long time :thumbsup..... I believe that change will happen some day.... I'm only worried that it has to happen faster now!

I believe that one day you will make a post here : "Hey Custard I tried this today, and it tasted just like chicken!!!". (You will be Vegan then!)

Those who are strong in being a Non-Veg are the ones who become strong Veg ;-) eg. your brother.

Thanks again for stopping by. :thankyou2:

10. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite