1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

final move to india ,things to buy ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinivijay, Apr 12, 2007.

1. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi all,
    we are happily moving back to india this june . i've a toddler boy of 2years old.we own a fully furnished home at pune. could u please suggest me what to buy from usa ,that will be useful for me in long run too.

we are having slippery tiles in pune . could u suggest some non skid mats that i can get from here , so that i can use them as door mats and below carpet .(in our home ,skiding is a free lesson with that u can learn balancing too:exactly: .)

eagerly waiting for ur response . i've read thr "things to buy " link in il also.
    thanks ,
    harini

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Harini,

Good luck with you move. I think we have already covered a lot of items in the thread:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ideal-indian-home/3001-shopping-abroad-for-india.html

Which you seem to have read already. Now for the carpet/area rug grippers, you wil get them at Home depot. You have acouple of options. Take a look at the following links:

The Home Depot

The Home Depot

For door mats, do look in Home depot where you get some nice heavy duty ones .
    If i think of anything else, will let you know.

Vandhana

3. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi Vandana,
    it's nice to see ur reply. your link to home depot is excellent . it's the actually the same idea in my mind regarding rug grippers , and ur link showed me the same in picture.

thank u very much for ur reply .
    i'll get back to u soon after i go for shopping.
    regards,
    harin