1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

final move to india ,things to buy ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by harinivijay, Apr 12, 2007.

1. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi all,
    we are happily moving back to india this june . i've a toddler boy of 2years old.we own a fully furnished home at pune. could u please suggest me what to buy from usa ,that will be useful for me in long run too.

we are having slippery tiles in pune . could u suggest some non skid mats that i can get from here , so that i can use them as door mats and below carpet .(in our home ,skiding is a free lesson with that u can learn balancing too:exactly: .)

eagerly waiting for ur response . i've read thr "things to buy " link in il also.
    thanks ,
    harini

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Harini,

Good luck with you move. I think we have already covered a lot of items in the thread:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ideal-indian-home/3001-shopping-abroad-for-india.html

Which you seem to have read already. Now for the carpet/area rug grippers, you wil get them at Home depot. You have acouple of options. Take a look at the following links:

The Home Depot

The Home Depot

For door mats, do look in Home depot where you get some nice heavy duty ones .
    If i think of anything else, will let you know.

Vandhana

3. harinivijay

harinivijay New IL'ite

hi Vandana,
    it's nice to see ur reply. your link to home depot is excellent . it's the actually the same idea in my mind regarding rug grippers , and ur link showed me the same in picture.

thank u very much for ur reply .
    i'll get back to u soon after i go for shopping.
    regards,
    harin