Final Day for Admission in Dubai CBSE Schools for 2013-2014 Academic Year

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by reshmianeesh, Nov 3, 2013.

1. reshmianeesh

reshmianeesh New IL'ite

Hello,

We are currently in Bahrain and will be soon getting shifted to Dubai on account of my husband's transfer.
    I enquired with almost all CBSE schools in Dubai for admission of my son who is currently in KG2 here in Bahrain.
    I got JSS Private School alone left which is having seats for KG2 in this current academic year. All other schools informed me that their admission is over for current academic year.
    JSS also informed me that they will not accept any admission after November 2013 since no admissions are allowed for any CBSE schools after November 2013 for the current academic year. They can take admission only for next academic year (2014-2015).

I would like to know, is there any criteria for CBSE schools that they can't take any new admission after November for current academic year.

Our visa's will get processed by middle of December 2013 only. So it is not possible for us to reach Dubai before that.

We are so much in tension as we don't want our kid to lose a year.

Please advice

Thanks & Regards
    Reshmi Aneesh

2. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

hi reshmi

Most of the school have started admission for the coming year..so its difficult to find an admission this year..but don't get disappointed..did you enquire Sabari Indian School?its a new school and Indian Academy's website says it has seats available for 2013-14...hope this helps..anyways if JSS is offering a seat its better to get your son admission there right now...later after you settle in Dubai ,you can change the school if needed. :thumbsupgood luck

3. reshmianeesh

reshmianeesh New IL'ite

Hi Navya,

Thanks a lot for the information. JSS Private School informed me that they can take the admission if we are there in Dubai within this month. They need to have our passport copy with visa stamped and emirates id for completing the admission. Otherwise, it is not possible for this year.
    Is this same for all CBSE schools, that after November , they won't take any new admissions for current academic year?
    I'll check with Sabari Indian School. Any information about this school?
    We are planning to settle in Discovery Gardens as my husband's office is in Jebel Ali Free Zone.
    Also can you please give me the link for Indian Academy's website?

Thanks & Regards
    Reshmi

4. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

HI reshmi
    i dont know have much info abt Sabari Indian School..actually iam seeking admission for my son for kg1..so when i was searching schools i came across these schools.INDIAN ACADEMY website is indianacademydubai.com ..just check it out and did you check GEMS Millennium at Alkhail gate..its also a new school..may b u may find seats available for this year..:2thumbsup:

5. reshmianeesh

reshmianeesh New IL'ite

Hi Navya,

GEMS Millennium is bit expensive compared to other good schools (Above 1700 AED just for tution fees alone) and also our friends informed me that same group's Our Own Indian & Our Own English are much better than that in terms of teaching and fees affordability. I think no schools will accept any new admission after November for the current academic year. Let's see.

6. navyaraj

navyaraj Bronze IL'ite

hi reshmi
    yes,millennium is expensive..and also there are many other good schools with affordable fees..but,those other schools have started enrolling for the coming year..so it is difficult for you..anyways dont worry..there will be a way out