1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting Emotional Battle

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by agdimple333, Jan 20, 2019.

1. agdimple333

agdimple333 Junior IL'ite

hey Ladies-
    Going to be a lost post.

So i am going to be 40 this year..., married for 8 years and have a 2 year old daughter. Living in US. Was working in US before marriage and never stopped working. It was an arranged marriage but since we both were in US we met each other and i moved in his place 6 months before our wedding because of work situation.
    Initial 2 yrs of our marriage was great although we were changing jobs and settling.
    His parents are from small place in Assam and mine lives in Ahmedavad.
    They did not have US visa or have never visited him in US when he was single (10 years). They talk very ultra sweet (realized later it is just stories but heart has something else), on phone with them i was swept away by their talks and did their visa etc.
    when they camehere first time, me & my H did everything for them. But there i realized, they are very self centered people. We had just bought a new house and they knowingly / unknowingly would break one thing every day in the house. I was upset few times and it spoilt our relationship. In this trip, it felt like my in laws hypnotized H.

So anyways i realized that they or even my H never even wanted us to have kid.
    Finally i was pregnant (Thanks to my mom who prayed for me every day & conceiving was super easy). Through out the pregnancy my H tried to have in-laws visit us and MIL would blame me of their reason of not coming. And through out my pregnancy he fought with me & accused me.
    During my del my mom came, and H was very disrespectful & started sleeping in separate room , more self centered, silent treatment etc.
    My mom came one more time for help and it was diwali day and we were planning my Daughter's 1st bday, he yelled that he wanted to call his mom for diwali but she is not coming bcauz of me & he wants divorce etc. and i was wild also and we called off her bday. Later i found that she did not want tocome because sil was pregnant.
    I was very angry with H behavior & decided to leave. But because of need of day care near apartment, working situation i did not. And also thoughtto give it some more time.

Since last 2 years it has been like this & more worse. He doesnt play or do anything with my 2 yr old, doesnt care for me, started MBA and working his ass off, doesnt come with us anywhere, no help, sleeps separately. Only lifts my daughter when he has to do video chat with in laws.
    Talks to me & my daughter only when his parents are here... & then again same.
    Me & even my dad has helped his family a lot. My dad only got his sister married. When in laws are here, i take them out more than him. I just thought to do everythingi could so that i dont feel like i have not worked on my mistakes.
    I am emotionally connected to him but angry & frustrated. Dont know if leavingis good as i am getting weak , losing weight , emotionally hurt . Please advice.

2. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

Looks like his family visits you all now. So did you ever sit and talk to him that what's bothering him now?
    Can you assign some daughter related tasks to him so he starts bonding with her?