1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA World cup

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Jun 14, 2006.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Win or lose, what’s at stake is grace

Hi Ladies,

did you all watch the finals???
    It's great Italy won & surely is a great team. It was a colourful world cup except for Zidane's moment of madness which shattered hopes of the French to own the cup. Its celebration time for Italians & mourning for the french.
    Overall, it had all the entertainment aspects. whole of last few weeks, there was so much to hear, to look forward to, to cherish, to plan.... suddenly feel we are left blank. I'm missing it now.

On the day of the finals, a local daily published the following comparisons between italy & france. thught I'll share it here with you guys. know more about these two countries that entered the finals of the world cup.

Italy and France - closeness in profiles

France
    Area (lakh sq km)------- 5.61
    Population ------------61 m
    Life expectancy --------79.7 yrs
    Male/Female Ratio -------1:1
    Literacy ---------------99%
    Unemployment (%) ------10%
    First sex at age ---------17.2
    No. of sexual partners---- 8.1
    Sex (times a year)-------- 120
    Extramarital affairs --------25%
    Sex in car-------------- 52%

Italy
    Area (lakh sq km)--------- 3.0
    Population-------------- 58 m
    Life expectancy ---------79.8 yrs
    Male/Female Ratio --------1.02 : 1
    Literacy--------------- 98.6%
    Unemployment (%) --------20%
    First sex at age -----------18.1
    No. of sexual partners------ 11.8
    Sex (times a year)--------- 106
    Extramarital affairs---------26%
    Sex in car ---------------82%
    Isn't it interesting, especiallly the last comparison ??????????

BTW, Did you guys watch the Wimbledon (Men's) finals ??
    Federer Vs Nadal - that was a gripping match & both were tooooooo good.
    I watched the Women's finals tooo & that was again a very good one.
    I'm looking forward to the US Open starting august 28th. Wanna see the two guys (Federer & Nadal) fight for the title again.

till then, lets get busy with other threads, whatelse????

Love,

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

All is well that ends well!

WOW, and Whew....it seems we were all in a perpetual state of partying all the time.
    Yeah what a turning point in the finals.....Italy lifted the trophy...but i felt sad for France...and poor Zidane, what a butt in the stomach that was....i heard here that this other italian, used a bad word against him,which made him do this and it was planned to irritate this guy....so well, that is for gossip!:-D

But today i was in Frankfurt city and it looks empty....we had so many foreigners ,sigh ....all back to their routine after a month long of wexcitement.
    But kudos to Germany for handling everything so perfectly as only they are capable of,...no mishaps and no problems for foreigners or for the locals....it was all so well handles and in a freindly manner...anyone saw Merkel,the Chancellor, after Germany won...she hugged the coach !
    I guess we all had celebrations on the day when Germany won the 3rd place...that was enough to wash off the tears...you are right Meenu!

We couldnot watch Wimbledons, since it is not free to air here! Missed that one!
    Anyway that ends our excitement, and back to some work!:clap

3. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

All is fair in Love and War

Football fever was no less than war fever and the teams would do anything to win on this war front. So the saying "all is fair" goes so well with football too. Yeah, you are right Sudha, the Italian player called very bad names to Zidane from behind to irritate him. It was planned so that Zidane does something to get himself a Red card and so it happened also. TV channels showed the replay to confirmt that something abusive was said by Italian but then it is part of the game and Star players should know these tricks but still remain cool. Well, at that moment of time who knows even the ice cool may loose his head, in pressure, with abuses and with all crowd watching...it may be ver obvious action by Zidane...

Yet still, alls well that ends well.
    And Congrats to Germany for handling the event so nicely...Kudos to Germans