1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Few hours of baby sitting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Jan 20, 2010.

1. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear OJji...A pleasure to see your feedback and so was it to read about Archita. Such a sweet name. I tried to picturize her with yellow sari and red blouse. You are not bad with baby hindi!! :). Children are gifts from God for sure OJji . It does not stop to amaze me how even a mundane activity can ammuse them and keep them occupied. I have heard stories from a cousin of mine who runs a Child minding service from her home. She has bucket loads of stories to tell us about what the kids did and how they think so differently from our set way of thinking. We tell them to do things a certain way but when they for instance colour a flower in blue and the leaf red, we just need to pause and think, yes why not? It keeps them happy to colour that way so let it be. I loved reading those special lines too that you had quoted. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Monifa dear...Lovely seeing you here and hope you had a fantastic holiday in London. I was really surprised with the Oops Button concept and actually loved it. What a nice way to learn!! Glad you enjoyed reading it.

2. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Jaya,
    Oops button is really funny...
    Kids are always polite and act smart in front of others. When it comes to their parent...... OMG, they will show their original colour. :biglaugh.
    Yaa, nowadays, kids are very sharp. They can play any Computer games even if they dont know to read the instructions. My DS ( U.K.G ) use to play, Kon banega karorepathi ....... though he can read very few words. :)

Enjoyed reading your post. :thumbsup

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear shree,

I am sure you had a fun time with little diya though i was amused that you couldnt do anything else the full day.i agree thats the amount of energy they have and are sure to keep you in your toes.yes the oops button was funny though i feel bad that 6 year olds are supposed to know the tables?.

Next time try reading out a story..girls are receptive and their eyes become round with excitement but generally boys are restless after a few pages..just my observation with a few kids,of course.

all said and done and especially now that my baby is grown up and independant i feel it would be SO lovely having a kid at home..and before you suggest any ideas let me hasten to assure you that i am perfectly HAPPY with my neighbor's kids.:)

4. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear knot2,
    what a lovely and wonderful experience you had and the way you have penned that experience made me awestruck.
    Today's children are different from any other generation that the world has ever experienced.They are very smart and shrewd and they learn things quickly. That is shown in " oops button"We forget ourselves when we are with the kids.There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.Enjoyed the post.
    with love
    pad

5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear Jayshree

Enjoyed reading your post.. . you had a lovely time with the 6 year old & Nice to learn about the backspace button from her.

6. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Susri ma..You are so right. Kids are in their best of behaviours when they are not with their parents and in original colours at home. This little missy used to have lots of problem drinking milk at home, but she would always demand a glass of milk whenever she came to our place! My cousin was really surprised and she used to say that she would try and bring her here more often just to make her drink milk...hehehe..But that was when she was smaller. Now she knows the trick. Thank you for the comments.

Mindi dear...I told you that I am an apprentice when it comes to minding kids. So my time management skills are zero. Children these days pick up things quite early on in life these days. I feel sad too seeing them do all these so early but they seem to enjoy. Well, I will take your tip about story reading for the next time. Let me see how that goes. ...and before you suggest any ideas let me hasten to assure you that i am perfectly HAPPY with my neighbor's kids - I laughed at this. You knew exactly what I was going to think about hehehe...Loved it. Thank you dear for stopping by and thank you for the story reading tip. By the way, I do think that the Greek couple incident would be a good ad for BRU instant coffee!!...:)

7. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Pad ma'm...You are the actual reason for this post to be honest. You may have said it casually in the A to Z conversation but I thought it was a brilliant idea then. I was not sure what exactly I would write and how to write but sat down and replayed the incidents through the day and translated them into words and that became my post eventually. So thank you for that and also the feedback here. What you said is exactly what my cousin says too. It reminds me of the quote: There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle - by Albert Einstein. I feel as far as kids are concerned everything is a wonder in their life and that is such a beautiful way to look at life. We become a child too in their company.

Gsaikripa...Nice to see you here and thank you for reading. I surely did have a nice time with the little madam and of course the highlight of the day was the Oops button :). Still can't get over the thought.

8. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

hi jayshree

very nice post. yes when kids are around you never knows how time flies.
    moms with kids have to plan ahead everything :)

9. feduptocore

feduptocore Senior IL'ite

Hi K2S
    It was really good reading your post... time really flies when you are with toddlers... its always such a pleasure to entertain them as they always have such a positive energy about them...its their innocence which charms us all...
    K

10. Tubelight

Tubelight Bronze IL'ite

Such a sweet post ! I love kids too. Time really flies with them around !

But its always sad for me to see some mothers putting on the Martyr look, like its a big chore to spend time with children and do the routine work too. They probably dont realise, kids grow up too fast . In no time at all, the parents will be left wondering, how did my Baby vanish ?
    It makes sense to enjoy children when one can than to regret later isn't it !