1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Feviquick a Narcotic drug ! a warning to parents

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by umasridharan, Jun 30, 2006.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear friends
    A new type of addiction has entered into our teenager's life. Can u guess?
    Feviquick. The adhesive that is used for carpentry works and to stick cardboards and sheets. Available freely in the market just for Rs.5. nobody will suspect, no smell, just drowsiness for 45 mts to 1 hr. All they have to do is open the packet and just inhale. Within seconds it enters into their blood stream and makes them drowsy.
    I caught my employee who was just 19 yrs old; from a very poor family doing this at lunch hr. he only explained this to me. He was using Feviquick for the past 2 yrs. Earlier he was inhaling petrol and since petrol is becoming costlier day by day next alternative method is Feviquick. Liquor is costly and chances of getting caught are on the higher side because of its smell. Other narcotics r very costly and users have to depend on suppliers. Lots of other problems r there. but Feviquick is available in almost all the shops, cheaper and nobody is going to question or suspect them for buying a adhesive. More important is unlike other narcotics feviquick's drowsiness will vanish within an hour. My employee told me that many school going children are using this. Really shocking.
    The side effects include loss of appetite, weight loss, no concentration & Lung TB.
    This is a warning to all the parents
    Regards
    umasridharan

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

shocking

Dear Uma,

Very shocking and I am hearing of this for the first time. I really wonder what are the dangers that parents must foresee and protect their children from.

Thanks for this awareness.

regards
    Vidya

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

its's a news to me

Dear Uma,

feviquick is now part of the books list in all schools.
    its used for all kinds of arts & crafts.
    thanks for posting this message & bringing in the awareness.

love & regards,

4. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

how shocking

Dear Uma,
    What you wrote was very shocking. Feviquick ads are so catchy. No wonder school children take to it.
    thank you,
    regards,
    Meenu

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,
    I read a detailed article about this in this fortnight's Aval Vikatan. I do not mostly send my son to get things due to various reasons. I usually am subjected to criticism of many sorts by people about this. But now I feel that at least I have a little control over my child.
    Thanks for the post.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

6. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Uma,

That was a surprise. As a mother it is really scary to hear this. I thought this was only common here in the U.S. but little did I know these things happen all over.

Bye,