fertility problems after 1st baby....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Zeenat, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hi all ladies,
    i have a doubt which i want u all to help me with.b4 my 1st pregnancy i had PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).i had gone to a fertility doctor and i was under medication for abt 11months.i was on metformin also.my gynach used to gv me FSH and LH harmone injections to get pregnant.but it didnt happen for 11mths with all this medication.then finally i gave up all medication and lost hopes of bcming pregnant.after 5mths then i got pregnant without any medication.
    now my question is do i still have PCOD.by grace of god i deliverd a darling baby girl last yr.do i still have chances of having fertility problems in the future? will i have to take medication again?
    i wud like all u ladies to please give me ur opinion abt this.

regards,
    zeenat rizvi :)

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

as far as i know, there is no cure for PCOS, but some women do have a normalization of cycles after a pregnancy. Those who had fertility problems may find it easier to get pregnant again.

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Zeenat

Maybe u got to check with your previous Dr for it as she might know ur case history well. I am also in metformin but with one dose. As i expereinced 2 miscarriage earlier i am taking it for the past 8 months after having a lapro.

Now is which to share my neighbour's experience. She had fertility problemand first 5 years of her marriage she couldnt conceive. Then she tried all medicines and she conceived, that she Miscarried as she had a cyst in her utreus . Later they operated it and gave her a chance of 50% of conceiving . But God's miracle she conceived and delivered a boy baby and after 3 months of her 1st baby she conceived naturally with 2nd and it was girl baby. So whenever i worry she inspires me to have faith in god and pray well.
    So Zeenat dont loose heart maybe u will conceive soon naturally just discuss with ur dr and give a try, Good Luck!!