1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Felt Insulted

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by niti123, Feb 8, 2013.

1. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

Hi all

I am a newbie here. I am happily married for the last 6 years and we have a son. My DH is working in an international bank and I am a homemaker.

Recently we had a family function and my DHs cousin and me had a fight over a silly issue. The reason for the fight was that she kept denigrating and insulting me telling how I am not contributing to family and how my DH could have got a better wife. She even went on to say "u have never loved ur DH as much I loved him". I didnt understand what she meant by that.

Later, I discussed with my DH and he asked me to forget it and move ahead. I asked him whether he had an affair with her (in our community there is nothing wrong in marrying cousin sisters) and he kept denying telling he hasnt seen her in that manner and he had another girl friend at that point of time.

She is supposedly happily married and why should she make such statements. I am intrigued by this. May be my DH is not at fault, but I have started doubting him.

2. seethavarma

seethavarma Gold IL'ite

3 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

To be told with broad smile :)
    1. marrying him when he has such an annoying cousin like you is a big contribution to society and your family.:).

2. focus on loving your husband and stop loving other married men please. ;-)
    He is mine, all mine (and give him a bear hug while saying that)....

30 people like this.
  4. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

Tell her on the face “when my DH is not worried about it, why are you?". Give a stern look and move.
    I don’t think ur DH will support his cousin, bcos you are more important to him that his cousin.

5. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

:exactly:.....:thumbsup

3 people like this.
  6. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Ignore her, no need to get into a cat fight and lower your dignity .
    She is apparently jealous of you and is trying to vent her frustration by creating a rift between you and DH.
    If she repeats her silly statements then ask her to say the same in front of both the DH, yours and hers.

Today you are happily married to your DH, he has said that earlier he had a GF and now you are his wife, thats all that matters.

5 people like this.
  7. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Anu.....:/)

1 person likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Niti... if I were you, I would not say anything at all!! I would just give her the weirdest look possible, like I have no clue what she is blabbering about and just walk away!! Relax, she's just some frustrated soul who was looking for a punching bag that day and you got in the way :)

1 person likes this.
  9. anjananathan

anjananathan Platinum IL'ite

good idea :)

10. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

When she says "you cant love him like I did", tell her "oh! what a co-incidence darling! no one loves me like he does." He just loves me the way he is, dont you honey??? :kiss :oops:

Leave the scene with a smile, tagging along your DH with a charming smile :)

And as Anitap said - come back if he supports her!!

3 people like this.