1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feels proud to be an Indian!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhavnarasimhan, Oct 5, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hello Everyone,

There is so much focus on India since India is the GUEST OF HONOUR in the World's largest BOOK FAIR held now in Frankfurt. So much has been happening and i hear only great things about India, be it Literature or all our Great Musicians, dancers, photographers or Painters, artists or Films etc. Many of the top names are here in every field, and every newspaper or tv channel is obviously highligthing India.
    Right now i feel so proud to wear a saree and bindi and show off that i am an Indian! Ha ha ....
    And i am also in these activities showcasing our young children in dance and having sari tying sessions.....i have never ever felt so happy to tie a sari on anyone and to see the happiness on te faces of these people who seem to love India and its culture.
    We also had a wonderful experience of keeping kumkum on the foreheads of some 5000 non indians on a single evening for a beautiful musical, dance show from India called BHARTI....which was also a big hit last weekend!And how the men and women came to us wanting to keep that tilak on their forehead!
    I really wanted to share this feeling with all of you....being in Germany and an alien culture , but findng a recognition and acceptance for our own Indian culture. .....many a moment it has brought tears to my eyes!
    And this continues till this weekend.....SO LETS ALL FEEL PROUD TO BE INDIANS!

1 person likes this.

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Indeed Feeling Proud !!

Hi Sudha,

It's indeed a moment of happiness to be shared with all INDIANS......Seeing how Indians are excelling in various fields and holding top positions in many Organizations globally, that shows where we Indians are heading....It was nice of you to share your happiness, your Pride about our country in this forum...

Love,
    Preethi

1 person likes this.
  3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Way to go Sudha..

Hey Sudha,

Didn't know India was the honoured country in this year's Frankfurter Buch Messe! How nice and how great that you are playing an active part in this. Way to go gal! Really Sudha, if I were now still living in Germany, I would have come and visited you and be with you. As a matter of fact, I never did manage to visit this fare:( Have a great time. True, India is becoming a name to reckon with on the international scene and why not?!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  4. sudhavnarasimhan

Thanks Preethi and Kamala, ...everywhere i turn it is India!
    And Kamala, i wish u were here....this week Spiegel has a special edition on Indien...and so many of our indian authors books have been translated into German and is on sale inevery bookshop and they have showcased it seperately....

And just heard a news that Shahrukh is going to here this weekend for a screeing of Kabhi alvida in the buch messe, can u beat that....it is all over in the newspaper and germans are planning to go.....see where bollywood is leading India!

5. sudha_rao

sudha_rao New IL'ite

Nice to know your proud to be an Indian

Hello Sudha

Continue to be proud to wear a saree and bindi and show how proud we are of our culture and inheritance and our Country.
    I am happy that the Fair brought so much happiness to u and our fellow contrymen living in Germany and i share your happiness.
    I Thank&applaud all my fellow country men personally for having brought so much of honour and pride to our Country being in Germany in an alien culture , and findng recognition and acceptance for our own Indian culture.
    Wishing your family and friends and very happy &ProsperousDiwali.
    Love&Regards
    Sudha:clap

.....SO LETS ALL FEEL PROUD TO BE INDIANS!

6. sudhavnarasimhan

Thanks Sudha, for sharing the feeling with me and applauding our efforts. As long as i was in india , i did not really appreciate my indianness or my culture. But you have to step outside to know , how much peoplelike and admire ur culture and the mystic and spiritual quality of India, not to mention the sudden craze for Bollywod also....amazing. Thats why i felt i had to share that feeling with all fellow Indians....thanks for responding, so well!
    Happy diwali to you all also have fun with "pataki", which i one thing we miss here....the noise of crackers!